cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action in business graphics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to make an application using business graphics. I want to to create an action on click of a series of that chart type which will open a table consisting of all data & fugures corresponding to that portion of chart. I have create an action and bind it to on cation roperty of business graphics and written a small test code in that action implementation. But no action event is occuring on clicking of graph. pls help

Regards

Poonam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

(and anyone else who may find this thread and be a bit confused about the resolution)

you need to ensure that your series/categories have an event id maintained - otherwise no onAction will be triggered:

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers,

Chris

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I think you mentioned a necessary but not sufficient part for the answer. If you assign the eventID then the action handler has the following parameter (or a subset of it):

WDEVENT TYPE REF TO CL_WD_CUSTOM_EVENT

CONTEXT_ELEMENT TYPE REF TO IF_WD_CONTEXT_ELEMENT

EVENT_ID TYPE STRING

ID TYPE STRING

The parameter EVENT_ID corresponds to eventID. But I think the original question was how to access the element of the view context that was clicked.

Best Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Poonam,

u want the event for series or categories??If u have create the event for ur Business Graphics UI element,it should be called ....

If u want it for series or category,take the event id,map this action to that at runtime..using mappingOfAction..

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit I am making a simple action on graph click but its not working. I have tried the same code on 2 different WAS on one it is working and on one its not working .Is there any server side setting for action property.

code:

created a business graphics(pie chart) with one simple series and category. Its working fine .I have assigne an action to onaction property of business graphic and print a message on action click to it. But I m not getting any action on graph click.

thanks

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

There is no explicit setting for action property..If ur action is mapped to the Business Graphic element,it should work..

just check whether ur action is mapped or not??

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith

It is properly mapped.I had tried the same application in another WAS its working there but at my WAS its not working.Is there any other way to check.

Regards

Poonam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

Which version u r using?? have u checked whether both servers are on same patch.

Actually it should not matter but still..I have checked this with NY version as well as on 7.0.11.For both it worked..

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit ,

we are using NWDS7.0.10 and WAS 2004s SP10. Ya I aggree it shouldnt matter if we have mapped onAction property of businessgraphics to a action.Thats why I am asking why its not working. Can you send me simplest example of graphics action ,as I had already mentioned in my earlier mail what exactly I had done.

created a business graphicUI and run it .Its working fine . Then created an action to print a success message and mapped it to onAction property of grpah.But its working on clicking any portaion of graph or the whole plot area.

Thanks & Regards

Poonam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit Malhotra,

I have a Profiles BG and I am trying to show data about each profile, I have read your post but I don´t know how can I use the "mappingOfAction" to aim a mouse click for each profile to an action.