cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for a change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am close to 3yrs exp in SAP-ABAP. Initially it was interesting and now I am fed up with coding part and I want to choose a alternative and not clear what to choose. please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithu

In your three years ABAP did you gain much Functional knowledge? Did you ABAP in a specific area? MM? PS? FI? HR?

You may wish to choose a functional path to go down.

Otherwise, there is always BASIS or XI.

I have gone the other way from four years functional, I moved into BASIS and then XI. I'm glad I made the change (2 1/2 years later!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

I have gained good knowledge in SD&MM. But i dont want to be functional consultant.I would be very thankfull If you can share me few more informations about XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what I can add really.

XI is a really competitive marketplace. By all means, study up, get some experience and try and break in to the market, just be aware that it is a tough market to crack.

I have been involved with 3.0 and was lucky to be working for one of the first companies to implement SAP XI 3.0 in the UK.

My experience with XI is that certifcation is not enough. You have to have project experience. I do not have certification, but have over 2 years XI experience and got into the market that way.

Answers (0)