cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kindly help to select the best alternative for SAP course

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am an <b>MBA (HR) fresher</b> and results are awaited. My <b>career objective</b> is to be a SAP <b>techno-functional consultant</b>. Since I don’t have work experience, would it be difficult for me to get a job in sap field? In order to have a career in sap I have come up with three alternatives.

Which<b> alternative</b> would be the<b> best</b>?

1. I join <b>SAP HR (functional) course now </b>and later on learn ABAP HR.

2. I undertake <b>ABAP HR</b> course(technical ) and <b>work on technical side for 6 months</b> then go for SAP HR functional course

3. I join any organization to <b>gain work experience in my field for 1 year </b>then go for SAP HR functional .

Kindly help me by providing your <b>valuable information </b>and <b>suggestions </b>

Waiting for your response

Karan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

get one year experence in hr field.

after u study technical or funcation.

in sap ceritification u need two year experence.

supports join fresher sap abap hr is good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

To my knowledge and experience, it is very difficult for a MBA fresher to get an IT job to work in any technology. It may be SAP or Datawarehouse or Java.... etc. If you have a certification then it may be easy a bit. Also, a MBA fresher can get a job in IT company to work for their HR Department. This is possible.

Now answers to your questions.

1.This is best one, I can say. Join the Siemens, get trained in SAP HR, pass the exam and get the certification and try for jobs.Though you are a fresher, companies will recognize you because you have the tag called 'SAP Certified' fresher.And after getting a job you may learn ABAP HR depending on situation and time. Even if you are not comfortable with the programming language, still you can survive and be happy as a SAP Functional guy.

2.This option is not so easy. Your background is MBA and not IT related background.If you dont have the programming knowledge, it will be difficult for you to learn things in ABAP HR. But if you work hard and have the confidence then try to get the certification in ABAP HR and then try to get job in ABAP HR. After some time you can learn SAP HR.

3.Let me comment on this option. First thing, you will loose one year of your good time.Let us keep this loosing a year aside. But same step you are trying to do after one year. If you are ready to do that after one year, why cant you do it now.

If you have financial problems to take the Siemens course, then on this reason you can go with this option, earn the enough money while doing the job in your field and then go for the SAP HR course.

Hope this helps.

Please reward if useful for you.

Thanks,

Srinivasa