cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Customer Account Group Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear All,

Can any one Tell me that what effect will be there if i change the Customer account group from 0001-sol to party to EXPO-acc gr for Export customer.

As the customer is old and by mistake it has been created in 0001 instead EXPO acc group.

i need to know that what will be the effect on all sales data and accounting documents created already for that customer .

This i have to do for around 1500 records

pl suggest me the probable effects for the same.

ok thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunil,

You can change Account Group of a customer at any time. Its not going to effect the previous records.

But once after changing the Account group, what ever you customers you create will follow the new account group procedure.

But the thing is, if you want to process the old account group customers, must check that the corresponding fields are active / already in use or not. For example if you dont maintained one field in old account group customers and now with new account group if you want to process with that field, then you have to go the change mode and maintaine those field for all those customers which are not maintained earlier.

Like this if you can check the change in the Fields from old account group and new account group, then there wont be any problem.

Hope this gives you some idea.

REWARD IF HELPFUL.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Actually it will depend on the configuration of your system whether you can change account group or not.

Customers of one account group may not be permitted to use other partner role

However, in your case , there are still SD documents in the system for the partner role and the customer. Changing the account group potentially means that these documents are not processed.

So,

Please choose an account group in which customers can use partner role or archive the documents for the customers.

Hope this helps you.

Reward if it helps you.

Regards,

Gaurav Raghav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Actually it will depend on the configuration of your system whether you can change account group or not.

Customers of one account group may not be permitted to use other partner role

However, in your case , there are still SD documents in the system for the partner role and the customer. Changing the account group potentially means that these documents are not processed.

So,

Please choose an account group in which customers can use partner roll SP or archive the docunents for the customers.

Hope this helps you.

Reward if it helps you.

Regards,

Gaurav Raghav.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

You can change it for sure if you are convinced of the purpose. There are no implications. But make sure that the field controls at account group levels are not contradicting each other( For example a restricted field in the present a.gp is a mandatory field in another a.gp in which case the change of account group will fail)

So if you maintain the field controls for both account groups in consistent manner, you can very well do it.

NB: Inorder to confirm this, do for one customer in the test system, then do one cycle of all possible transactions for the customer and show it to the Client. Once they are also convinced of the same, you can do it for all records all at once, by means of CATT or a job.

Reward if this helps you

Message was edited by:

Navaneetha Krishnan