cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using custom characterstics in Consumption group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using custom characterstics ZMATNR & ZLOCNO for material & location respectively in demand planning system. We have cretaed consumption group with these characterstics, thne i'm gettingthe warning message which is given below.

" "9AMATNR" and "9ALOCNO" are recommended as standard DP characteristics. Check your entries ".

As per my understanding, if you define any other characterstic apart from 9AMATNR & 9ALOCNO, that will be descriptive characterstic.

Now if i dont mention these chars and use all other three custom chars

Questions:

1. will consumption still happens as per the standard functioality?

2. If not atleast 1 char among the three characterstics should be standard char?

Can anyone answer my questions....

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

What happens if you assign the custom characteristics ZMATNR and ZLOCNO as Product and Location in the Planning Objct Structure. I do not have access to any APO systm now and hence can not tell you the exact procdur. But in /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN select the appropriate Planning Object Structure and from the Menubar there should be an option to assign the custom characteristics to Product and Location.

Check Step 6 as mentioned in <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/81/747c3a5934400be10000000a11402f/content.htm">this link</a>.

Thanks,

Somnath

Message was edited by:

Somnath Manna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thanks for your reply. Actually i am not facing any problem in adding custom characterstics ( ZMATNR, ZLOCNO) to MPOS. But i am getting some warning messages when i add these custom characterstics to consumption group.

The warning message can viewd in the original message.

Please tell me if it works or not.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadessh,

Sorry I do ot know if the warning will cause any issue as I have not tested using custom characteristic for Consumption. It should not be an issue especially when an Warning is coming (not an error). The only way to check would be by testing.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

We are testing the functionality. I have posted this message only to know if someone faced this scenario before.

I just wanted to thank you again for your reply.

Will let you know, if i found anything interesting in this scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is just a warning.. We are using a similar setup in our production.

-Shibu

Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful

Answers (0)