cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error messages when deploying application on Linux NW4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good evening,

my issue has been kicked around here a couple of times but none of the solutions suggested worked. Even though just a quick fix/tip would be more than appreciated, I would also love to understand the background information regarding the following message upon deployment (using Eclipse or the Deployment Manager UI):

Starting Deployment of CalculatorEar
Aborted: development component 'CalculatorEar'/'sap.com'/'localhost'/'2005.07.05.14.05.01':SDM could not start the J2EE cluster on the host nw4host! The online deployment is terminated. JStartup Framework is not able to deliver an information about the cluster control instances! Please check the status of the J2EE Engine (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).STARTUP_CLUSTER)
Deployment of CalculatorEar finished with Error (Duration 5131 ms)

What I would like to understand is how do I check whether the J2EE engine is even running properly. The command

startsap check nw4host

returns the following:

w4host:nw4adm 45> startsap check nw4host
Checking ADA db Database
------------------------------
 ABAP Database is running
Checking ADA db Database
 J2EE Database is running
 See logfile JdbcCon.log
Checking SAP NW4 Instance SCS01
 Instance SCS01 is running
Checking SAP NW4 Instance DVEBMGS00
 Instance DVEBMGS00 is running

I also tried to find out the status via SAP GUI (http://photos18.flickr.com/23958483_4d6027ac46.jpg) but I am not even sure whether the ABAP runtime would know about the JAVA stuff.

Any other idea's or backround information to clue me up how the different components interact with each other ?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and interest, Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas! I had other issues with the virtual host and the inability to find startup profiles which made me change hosts file and network config in /etc/sysconfig/network/ before but the key is that the IP need to be identical to the real IP address. You helped me find that out.

My deploy works fine now! Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

I face the same problem, when trying to deploy using the SDM remote GUI.

"SDM could not start the J2EE cluster on the host nw4host! The online deployment is terminated."

any success in fixing the problem?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I had exactely the same problem and found the solution here:

http://listserv.sap.com/pipermail/linux.general/2005-May/004673.html

After I changed the entry in /etc/hosts, everything went smooth.

Regards,

Andreas