cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send attachments in email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have file coming in XI and I need to make it as an attachment and send it in a email. How do I go about it?

Regards,

XIer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>file coming in XI and I need to make it as an attachment and send it in a email without IR </b>

Double click on the Mail Service and choose Receiver tab - Enter Dummy Inbound Interface name & namespace

Receiver Determination:

Sender Service : File_Service

Sender Interface :Dummy Outbound Interface

Sender namespace : Dummy Outbound Interface namespace

Configured Receivers :

Mail_Service

Interface Determination:

Sender Interface :Dummy Outbound Interface

Sender namespace : Dummy Outbound Interface namespace

Receiver Service :Mail_Service

Inbound Interface : Dummy Inbound Interface Dummy Inbound Interface namespace

Receiver Agreement :

Receiver Service :Mail_Service

Receiver Interface : Dummy Inbound Interface

Reciever Namespace : Dummy Inbound Interface namespace

I hope this can help you..

vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

Thanks for your reply.

But where do I do this <i>>>Double click on the Mail Service and choose Receiver tab - Enter Dummy Inbound Interface name & namespace <<</i>

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

XIer,

You dont need to have IR. You can configure all the steps of ID.

<b><i>But where do I do this >>Double click on the Mail Service and choose Receiver tab - Enter Dummy Inbound Interface name & namespace <<</i></b>

If you are using business service for mail then click on that mail business service and in the inbound interface and namespace you enter the dummy values. If you are using business system then you enter dummy values for interface name and namespace while configuring all the ID objects. Check this weblog for further help:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe these weblogs will help you with answers.

there is possibility to send a file by using Mail Adapter. You will have to convert the file you pick up into an XML file as XI can process only XML data.

After you are done with it, you will have to import a WSDL for sending mails. This WSDL is available on SAP Marketplace and it will have all details like from, to subject,and content. To get this WSDL just check this link,

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000361852004E/ximail30_xsd.txt

Just do the mapping of the respective fields and the information mapped to the content field will be passed as the content of the mail.

Mail Adapter (XI) - how to implement dynamic mail address

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

HTML e-mails from the receiver mail adapter ?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

Sender mail adapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

Regards,

Ramana Kumar. A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it mandatory to use IR in the above scenario, can't we just do with ID?

XIer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use Transport Protocol : XIPayload

Check the box use mail package.

If we check “Keep Attachments” in “Mail Attributes” then, the content of the file will be sent as an attachment.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

2 approaches -> go through them use the best fit with respect to your scenario

XI Mail Adapter: An approach for sending emails with attachment with help of Java mapping

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/04/17/xi-mail-adapter-an-approach-for-sending-emails-with-attachment-with-help-of-java-mapping

Else

Receiving Mail attachments using additional files of file adapter.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>