cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP-->XI-->R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a scenario which includes SOAP and IDOC.

sri

Message was edited by:

sri rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sri,

<i>Ext.Def message has only four flields, 1, 2, 3 and the 4th one is payload field</i>..

What do u mean by the above sentence. The whole external definition itself is considered as payload, only. Can u be more specific please.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

There are several messges in the Ext.Def, I choosed one message for Mesaage Interface that message is having only four fields.

How to select all messages for creating message interface

Regards

sri

Message was edited by:

sri rao

Message was edited by:

sri rao

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sri,

Oh, I'm sorry got it. The message which u chosen will be the input payload. After that its normal field to field maping only. Also one more thing if the external service(SOAP) is calling u means, u only have to give ur WSDL to them right? Create Message Interface with 4th message and create WSDL for the same. I think its out of ur question, just suggestion.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

" Also one more thing if the external service(SOAP) is calling u means, u only have to give ur WSDL to them right? "

you are right, I have to give WSDL file. befor that i have to create any message mapping?, if so how to map with four fileds? I am lost here.

I think u got the scenario please suggest me the steps

Regards

Sri

Message was edited by:

sri rao

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sri,

If you drag and drop the External definition message into your source mapping editor and on selecting 4th message , can u see any structures over there or not?

Also while creating Outbound Message Interface choose the help button and drill to ur External definition message u can see the 4th message choose that for Message Interface, don't drag and drop External defn for Message Interface. Tell us which step is not clear for u?

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ID

field2

field3

Payload - these are the fields I can see in the mapping editor.

any way can configure module?

Regards

Sri

Message was edited by:

sri rao

Message was edited by:

sri rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

If you have data in the payload field which needs to be mapped to Orders Idoc then you have to parse the file first and then you have to map. So create two interfaces in which the first one will parse your file and in the second one you map to the Idoc.

Or you can use two mappings in your interface mapping. In the first mapping just parse the file and in the second you map to the Idoc.

So File>mapping1>target1

target1>mapping2>Idoc

Regards,

---Satish