cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Trade Data incomplete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks:

our client does not do any foreign trade. All of their customers are domestic. (US based). But, when i create an invoice, i get the following error "foreign trade data incomplete". In the header data ->Trade/customs -->Organization, the delivering country is displayed as DE - Germany. This should be US. . The ISO code for US is US. Is there any where else that i should look? any response will be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Susan

The "delivery Plant" under Organization tab is determined by your Shipping Point, check that country of your shipping point is the same as your Customer's country, if it is not the same, then Foreign Trade data are expected

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not want to change the configuration, you could maintain this data in the Material Master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu:

Could you give me some more details as to where in MM02 this info can be put

Thanks

susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that you must have alreadychecked it, but a thought that I am sharing to check the Country in Customer master Data.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

You require to do the necessay configuration for Foreign Trade Data:

IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Foreign Trade/Customs --> Basic Data for Foreign Trade --> (Do the necessary configuration here)

In most probability, it will not default, but it is required to be maintained in Invoice (based on configuration)

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh:

WE do not have any foreign customers. All are US based. Why do we have to put infor for Trade, when we do not have any. For eg: There are no Commodity codes for local customers.

Do let me know if you can think of any other solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Susan,

Another possible solution:

1. While releasing inland sale commercial document / invoice to accounting, an error is confronted – Foreign Trade Data incomplete.

Solution:

Reference note – 34222

a. Transaction VOFM – Data transfer – Billing Documents

Copy Routine number 001 as 601. Apply code corrections as per note 354222.

FORM DATEN_KOPIEREN_601.

*{ INSERT P3DK900617 1

• Header data

• VBRK-xxxxx = ............

• Prüfen Exportvorgang

IF VBRK-LANDTX = VBRK-LAND1.

CLEAR: VBRK-EXPKZ,

VBRK-EXNUM.

ENDIF.

• Item data

• VBRP-xxxxx = ............

• Additional split criteria

DATA: BEGIN OF ZUK,

MODUL(3) VALUE '001',

VTWEG LIKE VBAK-VTWEG,

SPART LIKE VBAK-SPART,

END OF ZUK.

ZUK-SPART = VBAK-SPART.

ZUK-VTWEG = VBAK-VTWEG.

VBRK-ZUKRI = ZUK.

*} INSERT

ENDFORM.

b. Transaction code – VTFL (Copy control – Delivery to Billing).Select the relevant delivery and billing document types. Go to item level and select the relevant item category (e.g.TAN).

Insert the routine 601 in ‘Data VBRK/VBRP’.

In case, one has already created billing documents, pl. refer to note 354222.

Alternative, Raise an SAP-OSS message.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful