cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"One shot " multiple selection in search help - OVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I am a functional consultant, not yet expert in Web Dynpro and I have a question concerning the Web Dynpro ABAP search help.

Is it possible to have a "one shot" multiple selection in a search help and if it is possible, how can the values can be taken back from the search help?

For example, in the search help based on Airline shown in the attachment :

- In the value list of the Airline proposed by the search help, I would like the user to be able to select 2 lines at the same time (AA; AB) and fill either one field with seperators or the select option with the 2 values.

I have checked on help.sap.com and I have found 2 potential ways to do it

- OVS Input Help

- Freely Programmed Input Help

Can you please help on this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Olfa.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3d/e53642e2a3ab04e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">Example of search help for Airline</a>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182190
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

You can achieve this by a round about method.

Display all the F4 values in a Pop up view with a table in it. The table must be created with multiple selection property.

Select multiple lines on the table .On copy event read all those lines and use it to be filled in the other View.

Regards,

Ismail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think this is possible with the OVS. It is definitely possible with the freely programmed input help. In that case, you only need to design your help component in such a way that the values are displayed in a table and the context is enabled for multiple selection. Then in the VH_DATA_SELECTED event, get the selected elements and process.

Refer to the example component DEMO_VALUE_HELP which has examples of both OVS and freely programmed help. You would get an idea.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Thank you for your answer.

The problem is that I can not find the example component DEMO_VALUE_HELP.

I am working on the component version SRM 5.00, on the software component SAP_ABA and SAP_BASIS LEVEL 012, and in the transaction se80, the Web Dynpro Comp./Intf. DEMO_VALUE_HELP does not exist.

Can you please help regarding this point?

Thanks in advance.

Olfa.