cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Crypto Software

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I want to know if I have to buy aditional components (SAP Crypto Software) to add transportation security using HTTPS protocol to web services, or Document authentication with X509 certificates.

I do not have SAP Crypto Software, can I secure my web services without it?

Thank you,

Sergio Fierens Bayo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi check SAP note :597059

titled: License conditions SAP-Cryptographic Library

Symptom

The "SAP Cryptographic Library" (SAPCRYPTOLIB) is available in the SAP Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com) for software downloading (export control, see note 397175):

Then follow the link to "SAP Cryptographic Software".

The following "License Disclaimer" is contained (LICENCE.TXT) in the CAR archives provided for download there:

<Begin of Disclaimer>

License Disclaimer for the SAPCRYPTOLIB (SAP's Cryptographic Library)

The SAP Cryptographic Library may only be used as an integral part of SAP products and not as part of other non-SAP products.

The legal use of the SAP Cryptographic Library for Secure Network Communications (SNC) is limited to securing backend server components provided by SAP or entitled SAP partners. The use of the SAP Cryptographic Library for SNC protected communications on a personal computer that runs client components (for example, SAP GUI for Windows or SAP GUI for JAVA) is not permitted.

The use of the SAP Cryptographic Library to secure the SAProuter communication when using the SAPNet - R/3 Frontend for remote support is permitted without restriction.

<End of Disclaimer>

The following explanations on the license conditions for using the "SAP Cryptographic Library" (SAPCRYPTOLIB) are intended to prevent any misunderstandings:

The SAPCRYPTOLIB can be used both as an SNC product and as an SSL Toolkit.

The restrictions listed in the "License Disclaimer" apply to the use of the SNC.

No further restrictions apply to the use of the SAPCRYPTOLIB as an SSL implementation in all SAP products. In other words, the SAPCRYPTOLIB may be used both in server and in frontend components, including for the SSL backup of the communication of SAP products for SAP or non-SAP products.

Other terms

Sapcryptolib, libsapcrypto, SAPCRYPTO, SAP Cryptographic Software,

Export control

Solution

n/a

Also i think you can download it for free provided you have a OSS userid.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (0)