cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters in QA and Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is that I have to configure properties for QA and Production in portal. I need to define some portal parameters or something which can be confgured by admin. This property would be used to identify whether the environment is QA or Production and based on that different Siebel DBs would be connected. How do I define and where do I define these parameters? How do I use them in the code?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tarun,

Are these portals running on same host?

If not I hope hostname and SID should identify the difference in portals.

More over if Siebel is trying to talk to SAP portal I think you may have to use SAP XI or Web Methods to interface between them.

If you use XI then it will take care of interaction of SAP portal and Siebel.

I am not sure whether I cleared your query.

Kindly let me know more on your landscape and what you are trying to do.

If you are trying to make SAP portal to communicate with Siebel I hope you may have to have XI as SAP solution for it.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek

Message was edited by:

Vivekananda Wali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I am talking about 3 different environgment. I have 3 different siebel DBs. One for dev, one for QA and one for production. But I dont know what is production Siebel DB. So what I am doing is I am creating an HTTPDestination in the visual administrator. Now what I am doing is I am using this destination for my connection. This helps me in a way that the developers dont know where is Siebel DB. In QA, the admin configures the destination and in production as well. Would this work?

I dont want to hardcode anything. The IP or server name for siebel DB may change for QA or production or dev anytime so in that case there would have to be a code change as per your earlier suggestion. So i found out that probably httpdestination would give me the destination to connect. Please confirm

Rgds,

Tarun