cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DIR_TRANS

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We ahve added a new app server to our Production System.

Now when i do a check of the instance profile of the new app server i get a warning:DIR_TRANS directory
<hostname_of_the_server_where_trans_directory exists>\sapmnt\trans does not exist

I have mounted the trans directory in the Windows App server...

However with the instance profile of the already existing app servers there is no such issue.

FYI, the <sid>adm passwords in all the app servers are same.

Plz help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bidwan,

Go to AL11 and see if you can access the transport directory, if you can't and the directory exist, check that the share sapmnt exist, if that also fails, check permissions at OS level.

regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bidwan,

First of all I think you mean you shared the transport directory and not mounted.

Have you maintained SAPTRANSHOST profile parameter with the <hostname_of_the_server_where_trans_directory exists>. If no please do this.

Then in DIR_TRANS just give the complete path of transport directory.

Check OSS note 62739 as well.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Your answer is the closest case to what I am facing now.

In AL11 i am not able to access the directory. Permissions of sapmnt are Everyone->Read.

From other app servers i am bale to access this directory. The problem is comin only for this app server. So i guess the permissions of sapmnt should be fine otherwise the other app server would not have been able to access this.

So, does this mean we need to provide any special permissions so that the new app server is able to access this. It is clear that the new app server is not able to access it from sap level. From OS level everything is fine.

Santosh/ Ruchit - Thanks for your replies. Everything is fine on the areas you highlighted.

Looking out for some more ideas..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bidwan,

If the issue is coming in AL11 then the share is not done properly. Are you able to access the transport directory at OS level using <sid>adm from this application server.

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ruchit,

I am able to access it in OS Level using <sid>adm.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bidwan,

make sure that sid<adm> and SAPService<sid> users have enough access rights... It may sound repetitive but check that the shares are working properly by calling
<hostname>\<share>\ remotely or directly if locally.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bidwan,

Please follow what Juan has suggested first.

Again coming back to SAPTRANSHOST. In the DIR_TRANS you have maintained something like <hostname_of_the_server_where_trans_directory exists>. is it same as SAPTRANSHOST. Also since other application servers are able to connect check the profile parameter settings and compare them with you r application server settings.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bidwan,

When extra point. At the time of installation SAP ask what would like to have as your transport directory host. Did you give the correct input there?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When installing i did give the correct hostname as the host of the Central Transport Directory...

And that is reflected in the DIR_TRANS parameter in the instance profile which has come up as
<hostname_of_the_transport_directory>\sapmnt\trans

Permissions of <sid>adm and SAPService<sid> are correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bidwan,

Is it same as the other application servers ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bidwan ,

Can you access the
<hostname_of_the_server_where_trans_directory exists>\sapmnt\trans from the application server ?

I hope Note 201199 - Cannot access file & help you to trouble shoot.

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar