cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem regarding LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

i have a requirement to change the address details of storage locations. we have around 2000 storage locations which i need to change the address now. i thought of using LSMW to change the address of all the storage locations at a time. but the problem is Can LSMW generate a transport request when i do it in the dovelopement box?. if no can you tell me how to change the address of all the storage locations at a time and how to move it to quality and then to production

.thanks in advance

Requst you guys to look into this issue and give me a reply for the same

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

You want to change the address details of storage locations for 2000 records.

You can do this with LSMW, but you cant move this from one server to other.

You are changing the master data and Master data will be defferent from one server to other. As you know, the production server data cant be exaclty same as Development server data.

You can test how uploading taking place in development server using LSMW and if it is successful then you can upload the same into quanlity and production servers separatley.

BUT YOU CANT MOVE THIS FROM ONE SERVER TO OTHER USING TRANSPORT REQUESTS.

MASTER DATAS SHOULD BE CREATED SEPARETLY FOR EACH SERVER CANT BE MOVED FROM ONE TO OTHER.

Hope this is clear.

REWARD IF HELPFUL.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivasa Rao,

when u r changing the master data with the help of LSMW, system will not generate any request.

Your requirement is simple.You want to use the same LSMW program in Quality or in Production or in Both.

This can be done in LSMW by the following way.

in the LSMW project screen enter the following

Project

Subproject

Object

and press ctrl+F8 (Extras--->Export Project)

the project will appear.continue and press F8 to download the project in a notepad form.

Then go to Quality server or production server. Enter the LSMW transaction and press ctrl+F9 (Extras--->Import Project) and show the Notepad file location which you Exported from your development server.Click yes.

Now your LSMW program is available in Quality/Production server.

Now you can continue from the step "Specify Files""

Hope it will solve completely your Requirement.

Pls Reward points without Fail.

<i><b>Thanks & Regards,

D.K.VIJAYABHASKAR.</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijaya,

thank u so much for the inputs u gave. but can you be more elaborative on this. where do i have the transport request in lsmw tab? and if i get the transport request while executing lsmw in dovlepoment server i can directly transport that request to quality and dov? what is the need to execute lsmw once again in quality and produciton. can you give some more inputs on this

Thanks &Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

You can create the LSMW in development box and move the same to QA & PRD.

In the LSMW menu search for a transport request which attaches to the LSWM you have created.

After the development is done , you can execute the same in DEV. by uploading the new addresess from a flat file. once you confirm the same you have to execute the same LSMW in QA and subsequently in PRD.

Hope this helps, reward points if helps.

Regards

Vijaya