cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in File-File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing File->File Scenarios. There is no Recrod set also. I want to rename the file using XI. No mapping required. To rename the File name we can do the coding related to Dynamica configuration in one UDF and will map to the top node of the target. But i don't have the mapping here, So How can i execture this UDF or Do i need to write the Module in File adapter CC.

I tried with dummy mapping , But I am getting the following error

</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE

</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_Target_File_determined_

</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException

</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.Parser~

</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4/>

<SAP:AdditionalText/>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace=""/>

<SAP:Stack>During the application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_Target_File_determined_ a com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRu

ntimeException was thrown: Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.Parser~

</SAP:Stack>

The mapping part is correct. There is no doubt on that. I don;t know why i am getting this error. Can you please tell me what could be the reason or any solution to resolve my problem.

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaskarudu,

Option 1: If you only want to rename the file then pick the file and rename the file in receiver communicatin channel and write. Check this weblog for some help:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Option 2: If you want to rename the file dynamically then you should do the mapping. Check this weblog for this:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/configuring-generic-sender-file-cc-adapter

Option 3: If you are picking the file within your organisation which is shared on NFS then you use OS commands in the file adapterd to rename the file.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me understand the scenario for you. You are having a file on server that needs to be renamed and put on another server and there is no requirement for any transformation. I think you can do this. If you use OS Level Commands in your sender file adapter to rename the file. The second file adapter which drops the file on the target polls for the renamed file.

thanks

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if you dont have any graphical mapping,then you can't write a UDF,you can either go for Java mapping and try to rename the file or do a graphical mapping for all the fields and also write the UDF for changing the file name

Thanx

Ahmad