cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Business Partner in SRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, anybody knows how to manage/assign a Business Partner ID to a user during user creation in SRM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry vadim,

Used ppoca_bbp created an org structure, assign all the attributes wanted to assign users using users using users_gen and creating from su01 users already loaded but it signed error BP cannot be assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rex,

If you only created a root node, please create a subnode with PPOMA_BBP (it is recomended not to assign a user directly to the root node).

Check that the 2 nodes have a BP generated.

Get out of PPOMA_BBP transaction (to avoid block entry)

Retry with users_gen to assign the user to the subnode.

If the user you're trying to regenerate have been loaded with users_gen of created with BBPMAININT (web). Then the problem can come from the fact that the users are already partialy created. Then use the check users function in users_gen. This function will allow you to repair the users (and create BPs if necessary).

Have fun.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim,

Thanks will try your new suggestions tomorrow and get back to you.

Rex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rex,

Anything new about your problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

BP issue is resolved but i am getting errors with updating my org plan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadium,

I was wondering if you are familiar with distributing org units and users to SRM from R/3 HR via ALE? If so, do you know of any documentation available on this topic?

Thanks,

Kyle MacDonald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kyle-

See this document as a starting point - this link may not work:

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700010783532001E

If the link does not work simply search for the following term in the SAP service marketplace - "TRANSPORTING EBP SYSTEMS" using all words.

Make certain you look for the latest version.

Hope this helps.

b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

Thanks for the document. It will be a good starting point. I found that copying and pasting the link works.

Thanks Again,

Kyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Rex,

In SRM user are composed of:

-a BP

-a SU01 user

-a Central person

-a position

These four objects are managed internaly through the SRM user managment transactions wich are:

-BBPUSERMAINT IAC for single user managment(use in IE with a administrator user)

-USERS_GEN transaction for mass user managment(use in SapGUI)

NEVER TRY TO CREATE THE 4 OBJECTS SEPARATLY, it wont work.

If you try to make an EBP user from a simple SU01 user, transaction USERS_GEN will help.

Hope it'll help.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, tried to assign buiness partner(BP) ID to su01 users using users_gen but couldnt. Tried another dummy org unit, it returned enable to assign 000000000 ID to BP to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Rex, but I don't understand your answer ...

In transaction users_gen, you have to fill in the orgunit ID you want the user to be assigned to: It cannot be a dummy value. The orgunit ID you enter must have been created with PPOMA_BBP transaction.

Please be more precise giving to me:

-The Org units ID you've created with PPOCA_BBP & PPOMA_BBP transactions

-The Orgunit ID you filled in transaction users_gen

-The exact error message you get

Regards.

Vadim