cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCA conector in NW 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have deployed a new JCA connector (TSDConnectorCci) in NW 7.1 SR1

I can see it in the NW administrator with a JNDI name TSDConnectorCci.

But when I start my Java EE application, I have the error below :

"nested exception is com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Object not found in lookup of TSDConnectorCci.001AA007CBEB00170000036C000016FC01EA25FB56E5EF31"

Do I have to use a prefix or anything else ?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok like I told, I have already found the real JNDI name. But only because it's the same than in previous versions. So my question is how can I find/see this name in this version ? have you find a view in the NW administator , a guide,.. ?

Thx

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The JNDI name is exactly where you've seen it in the NWA (Configuration Management -> Infrastrucutre -> Application Resources -> Show: All JCA Connection Factories -> choose your connection factory -> Name Space tab). However, this is the name to use when you define a resource reference (see the link above). As I said, root lookup is not recommended and that's why you will not see the real JNDI location displayed in the NWA. The pattern for that is "deployedAdapters/<name>/{shareable | unshareable}/<name>".

-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, It is a web application. But to be portable we don't "hard code" de JNDI name in the web.xml. So, I need to know the entire JNDI namespace. I would like to find the different directory for the JNDI. Like in jboss, you have a special view in the jmx-consol.

Lucky me, It's look to be the same that in sp16 vesion (deployedAdapters/TSDConnectorCci/shareable/) but how to find it in 7.1 SR1 and how to have a full view of this kind of information ?

Thx

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I don't really get your concerns about "hard coded" names in web.xml. Those names are logical (reference) names and not real ("hard coded") JNDI names. They are relative to the "java:comp/env" ENC. The procedure is described in details <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/15/6d56f65fb59e4db97253c89c5cfefd/frameset.htm">here</a>.

Anyway, to answer your question about the real JNDI name so that if you still want to use it directly in the code for lookup (btw, isn't that exactly hard coded? ) -- it's really the same as in NW 04, e.g. "deployedAdapters/TSDConnectorCci/shareable/TSDConnectorCci".

HTH!

-- Vladimir

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvain,

How do you see this TSDConnectorCci in NWA - as a Resource Adapter or as a JCA Connection Factory? And where do you try to look it up from? You say "when I start my Java EE application" - so I suppose it's an EJB or a Web component, right? Then I would advise you to consider using <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/44/bf6e9344751eaae10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm">dependency injection</a>, or if that is not supported for the particular component type (e.g. JSP) - JNDI <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/64/8590109a86f145958fb22dab86d58d/frameset.htm">resource references</a>.

HTH!

-- Vladimir