Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent !! DP Planning area design

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Client have different businesses and trying to do DP for each business and also central planning .

1. i am trying to keep one planning area for all the business.

Q.My question is can i keep one planning area for all the different business?

Q2. I have same material number but different location for different business

and my question is there any problem if i do consensus forecast for i business material and does it effect to another business materaial number as we all are in one planning area?

Please let me know

Thanks a Lot

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

There isn't a problem, you can have all data in one planning area, but it is important to do selections in order to have vision of which combinations are from which business.

You also could use a navigational attribute for your location characteirstic, this attribute can show from which business is that location. But if you use a navigational attribute, you must not use characteristic 9ALOCNO, because this characteristic is used by other modules like SNP who doesn't support navogational attributes.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marin,

Thanks for the information.But i am trying to create seperate variant in process chain which specifies plant numbers. My question is after consensus forecast i need to pull the 3 different business in one backup cube using variants and can i do it?

My second question is how to forecast errors in same back up cube and please can one be very clear with this?

Thanks a Lot

Regards,

Raj

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am assuming you have consistent set of characteristics in the different planning areas. In that case you can back them up in the same cube. In case you want to have a clean architecture, you can back them up in 3 different cubes and then use infoprovider structures to merge them together.

Forecast errors should be calculated based on Macros that in turn use statistical/mathematical formulae. they may need to be calculated in a time series key figure and finally backed up in an Infocube by the process described above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can solve using the selection profile. ie Business A, you keep, Material A and "location A" and similarly for the Business B

-Shibu

Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful