Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO_ERROR_RESOURCE Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an error

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (106) JCO_ERROR_RESOURCE: Connection pool com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.r3persistence.R3JCo640Proxy_1185449261883_1 is exhausted. The current pool size limit (max connections) is 10 connection

Current status of connection pool with ID com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.r3persistence.R3JCo640Proxy_1185449261883_1:

Clients obtained by application code: 422, returned: 420

Client 0 fetched 516975 ms ago from thread "SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_20"

Backend function BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL, started 516975 ms ago, still active

Client 1 fetched 515243 ms ago from thread "SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_37"

Backend function BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL, started 515243 ms ago, still active

Number of connections lent out by the application: 2

Configured maximum number of connections : 10

There is a significant difference between configured and available number of connections. This might indicate an implementation defect in the Java Connector (engine component "com.sap.mw.jco").

Is this something that is updated in the visual admin settings?

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Alison McArthur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Im using following way to clear this issue.

1) go to webdynpro Tool

2) select Webdynpro console

3)select to Invalidate ARFC  Metadata cache

Kindly check and revert.

Regards,

Antony.A

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hy Antony

thanks for you quick answer.

It's not my problem ....i don't using a jco connection but a rfc connection and depends also by the parameter "connection pool size" in portal UME configuration.

below my message:

any help or idea is appreciated also in other message

thanks

Nick

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As i supposed , the problem was in network environemnt.

It was switched in new platform , the network configuration and from that time we had problems , confirmed by the default trace that continued to givr error to lost connection to the ABAP Ume .

After the solved their configuration network problem ..also the dump didn't occurred anymore.

Bye

Nick

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hy Alison    

I know it is an old post. I'd like to know if you remember how you solve this problem.

I have the same...i'm quite sure it is a network problem anyway i need to understand better this strange behaviour.

Best Regrads

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following link, u get complete details about JCo Error,

<b><a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/f6/daea401675752ae10000000a155106/content.htm">JCo Exceptions</a></b>

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alison,

After Executing BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL disconnect the model. Each time it use a new Connection from the connection pool.

finally

{

<Put the Model Name> userDetailsModel = (<Put the Model Name> )WDModelFactory.getModelInstance(<Put the Model Name>.class);

userDetailsModel.disconnectIfAlive();

}

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alison,

most probably this is happening due to connection exhaustion for your JCo destinations. This should be corrected via Web Dynpro Content administrator -> Maintain JCo destinations. Select your corresponding JCo destinations - Edit them - and the first screen of editing you will find connection pool related data in the right hand side. These needs to be optimized as per your application's requirement.

Follow this guide below to find out how you can decide what is optimized number of connection pool setting for your application.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/wd%20jav...

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Web Dynpro Content administrator -> Maintain JCo destinations.

Increase Number of connections.Now its 10 increase to 15 (Accroding to number of users will connect at a time).

Rgds

-SS