cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new forum for SAP SEM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Earlier, Marc tried to send all BCS & CPM users to SAP community:

Now SDN proved that this is the most (at least) agile and fast community (comparing with SAP community or whatever else).

The SDN power in SEM issues is already recognized.

Do we have to confine all participants with SEM questions by ERP Financials (that is not relevant, IMHO) or, finally, create a new forum for SAP SEM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I vote for a separate SEM forum. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope it's not too late for me to vote..I vote for a new form for SEM. Make sure it has some space for security/authorization topic for SEM.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just like to reply this thread to thank Eugene for all this effort to help froward to make the new place for BCS ( I have seen all that in thread 544185 ) as I am a newbie to SEM, and I believe I can find the help more easier (hope I can give as well when I got more experienced in this field)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow up:

Former Member
0 Kudos

The new forum nas been created.

But not that one I voted for.

There is a new thread for those who are interested in a new SAP SEM-BCS forum/wiki creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also interested in SEM forum.

Regards

Rohini

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see the lobbying over on the RIA and scripting side. Throw in a good blog about the need for SEM conversations in a separate space and help your case.

Also, no reason not to expand into SEM pages in the wiki. For now one can create some pages off of <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPFI">ERP Financials</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Though, a new forum for CPM has been created, it is not a place for SEM-BCS (see the comments in the forum). But, the all(?) people voted here, voted exactly for SEM-BCS, not for SAP SEM in general. Interesting, how many people would create a critical mass for a new forum creation (especially taking into account the low percentage of people really voting for anything) ?

So, there won't be any special forum for SAP SEM with SEM-BCS. BCS is outlawed.

I thought about wiki-space for SAP SEM-BCS and wanted to place there howtos and wikis with step-by-step my own guides to be created (because the SAP's guides reg this matter don't exist). Now it's impossible.

Wanted to invest my time into creation of wiki-article helpful for anybody dealing with SEM-BCS. It was not accepted, and I don't have time (and now - desire) to convince somebody in providinga forum and some space for SEM-BCS.

Wiki for BCS inside of ERP Financials??? Might be. If anybody would want to make it.

I won't. I don't like SEM-BCS as a doughter-in-law of ERP Financials.

Wait for another people who'll want to change the situation.

Message was edited by:

Eugene Khusainov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone is welcome to start Wiki content and if there is no "direct home" then go under the "Wiki" space itself and start there. Enough content generated and we take a closer look.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eugene, it sounds like the push back is frustrating and you have valuable content that you feel doesn't have an appropriate place to share. Don't be discouraged. It's seems to me you do a very good job of lobbying and gathering voices. Please keep finding ways to help the community voice their opinions about the creation of a space that matches community needs. If you or others have the energy, use the tools that you have at your command to support your case. Write about SEM-BCS in more detail (blog, wiki pages) ....that way you can gather interest and support. If you don't want to be a "step child" or daughter in law of ERP Financials, create your wiki content in the <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME">Wiki</a> space. I'm remembering when Tom Jung beat the odds with his request for<a href="/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/06/28/new-abap-editor-backport Editor backport</a>. It was like signing a petition. He got his request filled by grassroots push and getting people really interested and committed. You've a great start on that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

It sounds great!

Though, I tried it before (creating a new wiki-article under the root) in vain.

As newbies say, may I get a step-by-step direction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be very nice to have an own forum for SEM_BCS.

Right now, Questions about SEM BCS are scattered in some forums like ERP_FInancial,BI General, BI in SAP NetWeaver 2004s, etc). It makes so difficult to learn from others problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

You either show me the way how to create a new wiki-page under the root or confess that you didn't know that it's impossible.

Ah, there is a 3rd way, to keep silence...

In this case...

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Craig is on a well-deserved vacation. Creating a wiki page for SEM on the wiki space should be possible following these instructions:

1) Go to <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/SAPCommunityNetwork+FAQs">Wiki Home here</a>

2) Use the <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=HOME&fromPageId=11">add a page link</a> on the right side of the page...or alternatively hit the <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/editpage.action?pageId=11">edit</a> tab and in wikimarkup add [SEM Homepage] which will create a link for a new page that you can create there.

3) If there is a problem with authorization, please let me know.

regards,

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marilyn, thank you very much for your genuine attempts to help!

I investigated this issue with creation of new space in wiki earlier. Now I followed your recommendations and came to the same conclusions that before: it's not possible to create a new wiki-space under the wiki root. I mean here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki

The link you provided in your message ALLOWS to create a new space under " SAP Community Network FAQs".

So, it's a small substitution of a real wiki-space that could be created under the wiki-root, with FAQ / How to guides / Modelling / Learning map / certification / Downloads / Links etc. areas.

This surrogate type of solution is not interesting for me.

Anyway, thank you for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I support to establish a SEM forum.......I'm very hope of that....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I vote for a new forum on SAP SEM

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I vote for a new forum on SAP SEM. Specially in SEM BCS

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I vote for a new forum on SAP SEM

thanks

MK Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I vote for a separate SEM forum. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I vote for a separate SEM forum.

Regards

Magda

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is enough interest then we will consider.