cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create error page in Java Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can i create an error page for my Java WD application? I have an application and want to redirect to one view if any exception occurs (like session time out, db connection exception) during the execution of application. Please help.

/* points will be awarded surely */

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi subhrajyoti,

I have to say that so far it is still not possible, since the error handling is coupled with Web Dynpro container, rather than a pure Servlet container. Probably in the next major release, this situation will be enhanced, after which the application will enjoy the same error page customization as JEE ones.

At the moment, our practices, as workarounds to some extent, are driven by the development guideline which requires developer to put big outer try-catch block in each action handler to catch all the system runtime exceptions, and let a common error handling component to report errors in a modal window just as what Windows application normally do when error happens, i.e. see detail error context, send report, close window&cleanup resources, etc.

I wonder whether these practices will be helpful to you. Just share my ideas.

Regards,

William Cui

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think you can create a error page for session time out.

But for db connection you can surely do.

This wouldn't similar to JSP/Servlet.

You can create one error View.

The point where you gets the dc connection timeout you can fire plug to Error View. This has to be done manually.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please explain what is the procedure to trap system exception and resirect to error page. I had 100+ view in application. and want to create 1 error page. If any exception occurs it will riderect to Error View.

Db is not directly connected in application it is connected through JCO

Regards

Subhrajyoti

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well its really hard.

i don't know the exact answer to this. Will wait for more response from other contributors.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma