cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle ADRMAS mapping while MDM to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Problem statement: I am taking data from different legacy system, I have all my data in datamanager. Now while sending data back, I am sending them to R/3. I am sending single xml to XI.

Now Ideally, in XI, we have to split xml to idoc and XI should be able to put <b>ADRMAS first</b> and then DEBMAS. The problem is, in import manager, while mapping I don't have any adrmas field as data is coming from legacy. When I am trying to put data back to r/3 how will it send adrmas? I don't have any adrmas mapped becasue i am not taking data from R/3. I am only sending them to R/3...

Please clarify on urgent basis...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi R.n

you should use the standard distribution to R/3!

1. Send a DEBMDM IDoc to XI (DEBMDM contains the Address Fields within its segments).

2. Configure your XI according to the standard distribution (meaning use the SAP delivered message split of DEBMDM into ADRMAS and DEBMAS).

That's all

BR Michael

PS: for details on the distribution you might check SAP Note 1052964!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

1. Send a DEBMDM IDoc to XI --- I guess by saying this, you mean DEBMDM Scema and map I have to use in syndicator and have to send DEBMDM xml. But what if I am not using this pregiven xml schema and map?

Regards,

Ronak

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronak,

that's correct, I mean the DEBMDM schema and map.

Well if you don't use the given map, you have to ensure that R/3 receives an ADRMAS and a corresponding DEBMAS IDoc in the correct order. Currently Syndicator is not able to send two different message at one time. So you could create a message type of your own that contains both the ADRMAS and DEBMAS data. XI needs to split the message then accordingly.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Micheal,

One last question

As you are saying to create own message type? What does this mean? Who is responsible( I mean what skilled requirement) if I am talking in terms of requirement gathering phase? Is ALE/IDoc knowledge required or Xi or MDM.. Who can create own message type?

I guess MDM ppl can't do this..right?

Please confirm...

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronak,

well XI does already know the ADRMAS and DEBMAS IDoc types. The steps you'd have to do are:

1. Develop a message type on XI that relates to you MDM Repository.

2. Develop on XI a mapping/splitting that transforms your new message type to ADRMAS and DEBMAS

3. Use the XSD definition of your message type in MDM for syndication. You can import the XSD in MDM Console as XML Schema and then use the new schema for the creation of a Syndication map.

The biggest (business) knowledge requirement is how the MDM structure can be transformed to ADRMAS and DEBMAS (meaning which repository fields are required, which ADRMAS/DEBMAS field belongs to which repository field, and so on). From a technical perspective you should have someone having a basic knowledge on XI (how to create message types and transformations) and MDM (how-to import XSDs and Syndication Maps). That should be sufficient.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Michael... Got your point....

Cheers,

Ronak

Answers (0)