cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat File to JDBC(SQL Server) Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having one scenario in which I want to get data from the SAP R/3 Tables and then want to update some of the SQL Server Database Tables of my client.

Kindly suggest me the approach for this scenario and please refer related blogs for this.

Warm Regards,

N.Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I am having one scenario in which I want to get data from the SAP R/3 Tables and then want to update some of the SQL Server Database Tables of my client.</i>

>>

for getting data from SAPR/3 tables use ABAP proxy.

ref:

Client Proxy (Sender Proxy)-

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

On the other hand, for the JDBC use the JDBC recv. adapter and proceed to your scenario - Ref:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/64/ce4e886334ec4ea7c2712e11cc567c/content.htm

JDBC Receiver Adapter -- Synchronous Select – Step by Step

- /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

Receiver JDBC scenario MS access -

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I am having SAP R/3 4.6C so I cannot use ABAP Proxy for the sender. Any other approach???

Warm Regards,

N.Jain

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I am having SAP R/3 4.6C so I cannot use ABAP Proxy for the sender. Any other approach???</i>

>>

it depends on the WAS actually. you can use proxy for R3 based on WAS 6.4 and above.

Confirm the same in your R3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of proxy use RFC.

U just have to configure sender RFC communication channel.

SEarch in XI forum for RFC to JDBC scenario.

Thanks,

TUhin

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

or try for rfc-jdbc scenario if proxy cannot be used.

even if this doesnt work another workaround is idoc-jdbc where u might need to check for idoc settings etc

Answers (0)