Former Member
0 Kudos

what are sap notes??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Use

Release notes describe the new functions and changes in each SAP release. Using the Help menu, you can display release notes for any SAP application and release. You can also search for release notes using keywords and attributes.

Whenever you receive a new SAP release, you should review the release notes. The release notes describe new functions that may affect the task you perform in the system. They also describe how to change Customizing and installation parameters before upgrading from one SAP release to another.

Procedure

You can display release notes in the SAP Library or from within the SAP System.

To display release notes in the SAP System, proceed as follows:

From the menu, choose Help ® Release notes.

The Find Release Notes screen appears.

For a list of all release notes, choose Complete list 3.0/3.1 or Complete list from 4.0.

Highlight the release notes for the SAP version you want to see, and choose Choose.

A hierarchical list of the available release notes appears, with plus signs to the left of every item that has sublists.

Display one of the release note sublists by double-clicking it.

The sublist appears, containing release notes, more sublists, or both. You can identify a set of release notes by the fact that no plus or minus sign appears to the left of it.

Repeat step 3 until you see the desired release notes.

Double-click the release notes you want to display.

The release notes appear. To print the selected release notes, choose Print.

Searching for Release Notes

You can search for release notes by keyword or by attribute.

A keyword is a term associated with a release note, such as "Purchasing" for release notes in purchasing.

An attribute refers to the type of information the release note contains. You can narrow the search for release notes by choosing the attributes of the release notes you want to display. For example, a release note has the attribute Changes to Customizing parameters if the new function requires a change in your system’s Customizing parameters. Thus, if you want to display all release notes requiring a change to Customizing, you can list all release notes with this attribute.

To search for release notes:

From the menu bar, choose Help -> Release notes.

To search by keyword, choose Full text search.

To search for release notes that contain only a certain type of information, choose Attribute search.

Enter your search criteria (keywords or attributes).

Choose Find.

The system displays any release notes that match your search criteria.

*********please reward points if the information is helpful to you*************

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks so much for the detail.  I am a beginner and I appreciate the extra assistance.

i055385
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please note:
The answer posted by Guest relates to release notes, which are different to SAP Notes. The information provided by Santosh and Michael is correct for SAP Notes.

The new Support Portal link to information about SAP Notes is SAP Note & Knowledge Base Article Search | SAP Support Portalhttps://support.sap.com/notes, which contains:

a. Key points about SAP Notes and KBAs
b. A button to launch the SAP Note and KBA search
c. Information about the Note Assistant, side-effects of SAP Notes, and a detailed help section

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Notes typically are corrections and information on corrections to code or published documentation.

In some cases SAP notes provide advice on system configuration or use that is more dynamic than published documents. These can include performance and tuning parameters, workarounds, release and feature restrictions, etc..

Simplest way to understand is to check out them online: http://service.sap.com/notes

Enjoy,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks so much for the information. I am just starting the journey of learning SAP.  I have done PBX/Voicemail security and this appears to be similar to the same procedures we followed with upgrading and patch the Avaya Definity One platform.  I sincerely appreciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul ,

In single word , SAP Note is the correction / solution provided by SAP .

In beetween them some notes we can deploy directly using transaction SNOTE.

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar