cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy -> XI - > File on a Website

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario is this - I need a resource from an XML file located at http://www.ecb.int/stats/eurofxref/eurofxref-daily.xml.

This is updated daily with latest data. I have a report program that needs to fetch this file every evening.

So, I create an Synchronous Outbound interface and create an ABAP proxy to trigger it. This proxy will be called in the Report.

I also create an Inbound interface for the Website. Now what adapter can I use?

HTTP? SOAP? or FILE?

And after I manage to get the file, where is the best place to write a transformation to convert the file to my internal format? In the XI or via a ABAP Transfromation in the backend system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I'm not sure it's possible to do what you are trying with the HTTP adapter.

My solution would be to build a simple synchronous inbound Java proxy to achieve this. The URL could possibly be set in the request message (this will allow you to change the destination if the URL changes, without having to make java proxy code changes). The response will then contain your XML payload which will be delivered all the way back to your outbound ABAP Proxy.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I came across that solution too. Right now, it seems like the only option.

Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like in XI 7.10, Java proxy creation is not supported anymore (There goes the last resort..) Any idea why this restriction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAP proxies can be used but remember that XI adapter can only be used for server proxies and not for client proxies

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Where did you come across this infomation? I wouldn't think that would be the case.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Java Proxies will work in 7.1 the same way as in 7.0.

Existing Java Proxies from 7.0 can be reused.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Some progress now.

I managed to configure HTTP receiver for this scenario using an RFC destination (type - HTTP destination to external server). I now expect the response to be the XML contents of the file, as a string.

Now, I get the error message: "<i>The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL</i>".

How do I configure XI to execute a GET request instead of POST? Any other solutions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I need to clarify a bit here:

My scenario is to Download a file (XML content) from the mentioned URL and then transform it.

So, my Outbound Interface is with the Proxy, using XI Adapter. This I already have.

My Inbound Interface (receiver) must communicate to the URL and fetch the file.

Perhaps, the synchronous response if a string representation of the entire file, I do not know. The question is what adapter do I use for the receiver and what config settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typo:

Perhaps, the synchronous response <b>IS</b> a string representation of the entire file, I do not know. The question is what adapter do I use for the receiver and what config settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

>>>My scenario is to Download a file (XML content) from the mentioned URL and then transform it.

There is no standard adapter which provides this functionality.

You can consider the option of Java proxy to achieve this.

Or expose the functionality of the website as a web service. If you can do this, then you can go for SOAP adapter. File and HTTP adapters will not help you here.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anything that involves PROXIES default XI ADAPTER as for File -> at the receiving end file adapter.

Second Part in the XI.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to use XI adapter for proxy communication

for sender , it is the file adapter

Receiver , it is the XI adapter for the proxy

regards

krishna

Message was edited by: