cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

How can I add multiply receivers to my Intergration Process in the configuration? I have an IP defined in the design where I start with a receiver which starts an SA-bridge. Now I do not want to change anything there. It is possible to have multiply receivers in the config. I need to have that because, 2 messages can start the process. When message 1 is being received then the IP can start, if message 2 is received I have to map it to message 1 and the start the process. I have declared that Message Mapping and the interface for that. Now I want to add them to my IP in the config but I don't know how. Hope some can help.

Best regards,

Guido Koopmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

of course you can have multiple Receiver steps in your IP.

Ref: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cb/15163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as Krishna said only by bpm u can do...

these links ill help....

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Library help..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3bf550d4-0201-0010-b2ae-8569d193...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koopman,

Refer these blogs:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/12/06/xi-ccms-alert-monitoring-overview-and-features

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/24/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-2

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>>>. It is possible to have multiply receivers in the config

Am afraid you wont be able to do that. you ought to use bpm

Why dont you use a switch step inside your bpm??

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not want to use a switch step because then it will not be flexible again. because when I get a third version of the message I need to change the BPM and then it gets more and more complex. I need to build nested switches...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is true

But you also gotta make changes in the ID at a later point of time even if you eventuall find out some way to do the same in the config.

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but those changes are much easilier then building nested swithes. Because it is possible to have a third, a fourth untill ten different versions of the message. So that's why I am looking for another solution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think making changes/ adding more branches is so difficult but it might slow down the processing a bit. Also , the changes in ID are easier in comparison.

Well , then go for it if you find a way.

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your requirement, you need to have a fork as the first step. In the fork give number of required branches as 1. In both the braches you will have a receive step one each for a msg type. This will start the BPM if any of the msg1 or msg2 arrives and continue with the rest of the processing.

In future, you can just increase the number of branches for the fork step.

Regards,

Jai Shankar