cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why control records disable in mapping for idoc communication?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, In the mapping we disable conrol records in file to idoc ...why is their any specific reason..>? plz respond me soon..accurate question reward more..thanq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Control Record(EDI_DC40) has details of Idoc Number,Sender port,Partner Type and such details of sender n reciver which u dont need for file to Idoc scenario.

It has 1..1 occurance...so either u need to map it or u can proceed by disabling it.

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Runtime components of an IDoc are Control Record,Data Record and Status Record.

Control record hold the details like sender id,receiver,port type etc which is stored in EDIDC.

Control record information are fetched from EDIDC during runtime.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

EDI_DC40 contains the data about control records.

Before the message leaves the Integration Server, the message header contains values that are exported and used later to complete the IDoc control record.

Adapter populates it runtime.

Correct me if i am wrong

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two ways to fill the control records;

1. by disabling them in the mapping - they will be filled automatically by the IDoc adapter, taking into consideration the BS details of the R3 in SLD.

2. You need not disable them. You can fill them in the mapping.But then in the IDoc adapter you need to specify the option <b>Apply Control Record Values from Payload</b>

Ref:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/791c42375d5033e10000000a155106/content.htm