cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new fields for ESS leave request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Can u please help me with my issue.......

My issue is to add new fields in ess/leave request i.e...

The component needs to be Checked-out through Net Weaver Development Infrastructure, make the necessary enhancements, and finally Check-it-in back to NWDI.

Custom Function Modules are to be invoked apart from the standard ones that are already available in the Leave Request component – ess~lea inorder to accommodate the extra absence-type logic.

can u please sujjest me where should i make changes in the given 14 components

means in which view i have to add these fields.................

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai rajesh ..

i think for you solved this problame,

if its solved, can you send cod of the LS~tra leaver appication..

my mail id : vvrao.sap@gmail.com

thanking you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check help.sap and the code available..

Open the code and see the flow .

Try to understand the structure of the component ess~lea.It would be unfair to expect contributors to explain you everything !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

can tell me please where source available..

give me any link..

sincerely

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the code , you need to import ESS components from DTR to your local system.

For modification , check this..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/4b/fbb33af3014fdcbde5df8c408cd8b1/frameset.htm

Search SDN / Google too !There are zillions of links.. ! It would take some time to get a hang of it. But its worth it Gud luck !

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .. i configure NWDI acording to sites,

but when i import configurations in local dc on Development configuration prespet view.. when i choose Remort, saying error

"No configurations on server or server error"

seems to do something on portal server ?.. so can you help regarding this

please

sincerely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for giving reply,

Here my problem is i import DC component from NWDI to local my local system.

i am able to see the DC component on my webdynpro explorer.As it contains 14 components, no component is having the iview on which i suppose to work.

Bharathwaj it seems you worked on this topic(ESS modifications) can you please

help me in solving this as i am very new to this.....my mail id is rajesh.nimmakayala@gmail.com

Regards,

Rajesh

mmmonteverde
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Check the USED DCs your DC is referencing some times you use views that are in another DC. For example travel expenses (tra~tre) references to some views at travel DC (tra). Also, this views are the components that starts with VC.

Regards and good luck!

María Margarita Monteverde

mmmonteverde
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

Did you configure your NWDS preferences with the DTR correct link? If you haven't done that you will not be able to select the track...

Regards,

María Margarita Monteverde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windwow -> Team -> DTR -> Connection Settings

its saying "No DTR Client Configured."

please help how to configure DTR..

sincerely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh ,

Check whether u are able to find the ess dc's under inactive dc's in webdynpro

If ur not able to find it then Check the landscape configurator in CMS and also the transport studio and confirm that ess packages are imported fine

Ganesh ,

for creating a DTR client u need to open the DTR perspective right click and "create clients" before that go to windows ->preferences of the NWDS and check the development infrastructure URL is gven correctly ...try pinging it once...

Do check ur SLD is up or not!!!

Regards

Krishna

Message was edited by:

krishnagopal Mukundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krish,

Thanks for giving valuable reply.........

I checked CMS,DTR to confirm whether ess package properly installed.everything is fine my only problem is i am checking the each view to find the view to modify for my leave request application but no component contains the view which i have to modify can u sujjest me any related information on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Thanks for giving valuable reply.........

I checked CMS,DTR to confirm whether ess package properly installed.everything is fine my only problem is i am checking the each view to find the view to modify for my leave request application but no component contains the view which i have to modify can u sujjest me any related information on this