Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeframe for xi phases

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me in detail timeframe required per phase(configuring setup, connectivity and testing) in SAP XI with examples or scenarios?

<b>My scenario is regarding retail business where we have to establish a connection between SAP XI and Third-party application(Gentran/WMIS system/SAP EP) and I would like to use EDI for SAP-SAP connection and Web-services for SAP-NonSAP connection.</b>

Regards,

Ameet

Message was edited by:

Ameet Jassani

Message was edited by:

Ameet Jassani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jassani,

For a midsize implementation:

Blueprinting --- 4 months

Development --- 5 months

Testing --- 1.5 months

Production, Support and Go live --- 1 month

This is only a tentative approach for a midsize project.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

Can u pls explain it in detail these phases and what are contents in each phase.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Initial time will be spent in understanding the business context and considering the credibility of the cost/schedule estimates, priorities, risks, and development process .

Next once you have the development plan project starts to take shape,Problem domain analysis is made and Architecture of the project gets its basic form.

Next you will have a executing prototype.you will keep on testing simultaneously like end user testing etc.Here you will test for Quality and performance issues.

Finally preparation of the release documents like Admin guide, user reference manual ,developer manual,training material etc

Now depending upon the complexity of your implementation+time taken by your team for all this will decide the timeframes.

Thanks

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi monika,

I mean that actual timeframe in months, pls be specific and look at scenario i mentioned as may be u can help me to proceed.

Regards,

Ameet

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have two sceanrios 1) SAP-SAP 2)SAP-Non SAP

I think you should take then one by one and underneath then take various possibilities like:

Under SAP-SAP

List down the vaious possible sceanrios:

and then you know the time for each like configuartion, connectivity,etc

For scenarios you ahve not done try to look for the solution and then give an approximation..

thanks

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi monika,

I have scenario for

SAP - SAP using EDI and SAP-NonSAP using WEb-services.

so can u enlist detailed duration like timeframe in months or days required to configure each scenario and required testing time for each one of them.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..oks

Taking..SAP-NonSAP using WEb-services.

Assuming you have the IR Structures ready Configurations would take around 2-3 days and Cofigurations around 5-6 days for a mediocre sneario.Testing would depend on how you have done Cofigurations and Connections.

Now if you are not preppared with IR objects, depending upon the complexity time will be taken.Also depending upon the Volume of data exchange.

Get back..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

It depends upon your requirement.....

vasanth.