cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap mmc is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everybody,

i got a problem with sapMMC when i open MMC console tree is not opening and i cant start sap server .can you help me out from this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

normaly MMC will automatically startup all local SAP<SID>_## services and will list them in its Windows.

Most common problem is that the service can't be started for any reason.

This is documented in the Application log of Eventviewer.

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter i am also facing the same problem ..i m using os : windows 8 and in virtual box i installed this server...please find the below screen shot..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restart operating system & login through SIDadm.  Check servies mode for Automatic or Manual.

In case services not started yet & start it. check Database availability. Your sap system will start. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> Reboot your computer

this did sometimes help in times of Windows 2000 but nowadays it such recommendations looks a kind of helpless.

------>> as I already wrote:

please have a look into Windows Eventlog!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sravan ,

Please ensure SAPserviceSID & SAPosCOl should be up and running

Then

1)Close all MMC

2)Goto usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\run\sapstartsrv.exe , click on sapstartsrv.exe

3 )Specify SID, Instance number, profile path and click on ok.

4 )Then you can be able to see instance details in MMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a similar problem. Recently I installed netweaver 7.2 trial in my windows 8 64 bit OS using VM ware. For one whole day there were no problems. I use to login into SAP successfully with a shortdump appearing on initial screen saying "Inconsistencies in database se T-code SICK"

Next day when I installed MS office(only word and excel). I am unable to start SAP instance it turns green for 3-5 mins and then turns back to yellow.

In process list I see disp+work.exe 's status as Running but dialogue Queue standstill.

Please any one suggest some solution.

P.S : I am very new to Basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am also facing issue with MMC it turning yellow and green in ABW table server shows "RUN" and then "ENDED" not sure how to fix it

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradip,

This thread is 9 years old...

Please open a new thread and provide the dev_wXX trace file form one of the work processes.

If the work process goes to ended it means that something went wrong and the work process stopped itself.

(Is the database up and running?)

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

I think in your SAP MMC <SID> having cross mark. Make sure that SAP Services are running.

Program files>Administrative Tools>Services

SAP<SID>_00 look for the status

Regards,

Ganesh

****Reward points if Helpful*****