cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts..

in my component i took one grid layout and arrange some UI controls in that layout..

but my problem is i want the screen in such a way that this layout should appear in middle of window..

how can we assign positions of layout in a window..?

please explain in a clear manner...

please help me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Add all the elements in the Gridlayout to a transparent container if not added to one.

Create a new Transparent container.

Add the tansparent container having the UI elements to the new Transparent Container.

In the new Transparent container set Layout as Matrix Layout and set the property hAlign to center.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is very easy to achieve.

In the proerties of your RootUIElementContainer(seen in the outline view), select Grid/Matrix Layout.

SAP recommends you use Matrix Layout.

Then, Create a Transparent container/Group/Tray UI Element inside the RootUIElementContainer.(All other future child UI elements should be <b>inside</b> this Transparent container/Group/Tray UI Element )

In the properties of the Transparent container/Group/Tray UI Element , select Matrix Layout, and set the <i><b>hAlign</b></i> property to <i>center</i> and the <i><b>vAlign</b></i> property to <i>middle</i>

<i>(Use vAlign only if u want your UI Elements to be in d middle of the pg, if u want just center alignment, then use hAlign only)</i>

That should solve your problem.

Regards,

Hanoz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tried this one..

but i am unable to get it..

and more over i want to create one box in middle of window

in that window i want to place my UI controls...

please explain in detail manner

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Follow the steps.

Step1 : Set the Layout properties value of the “RootUIElementContainer” to <b>GridLayout</b>

Step2: Insert a Group under the “RootUIElementContainer”

Set Group properties .

i> Width value <b>80%</b>

ii> Layout value <b>GridLayout</b>

iii> hAlign <b>center</b> [under LayoutData-GridData]

If you set the width value 100% you will not be able to see the difference.

Step3: Take a TransparentContainer under the Group Add all the UIElement under it. You can directly add the UIElement under Group also.

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0e617bc3-0401-0010-2c82-81f82e73300e">Developing Web Dynpro User Interfaces</a>

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...

here i create one view ..

In the design time the ui controls of the view appear in the middle but when i execute this view, the alignment is changed ..

how can i resolve this problem...

please help me.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set the width and height property of the RootUIElementContainer, to about 50 or 60%.

For the transparent container/Group/Tray within the RootUIElementContainer, set the hAlign to center & the vAlign to middle(After selecting matrix layout for both).

I know, that things layouts look differnt at designtime(in the layout view) and at runtime(in your web browser), so always set your layout properties keeping in mind the layout you see at runtime, not designtime.

Regards,

Hanoz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanoz..

how can we configure SDM password..?

in my NWDS

i set the properties of j2ee engine and enterprise portal but i couldn't find sdm configuration..

please help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You provide the SDM password when you create the track for your project.

You can do this by going to the SLD and select your track. Provide the SDM password and port number as mentioned in the link kanwaljeet has provided.

Regards,

Hanoz

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hanoz ..

just assume one scenario

2 windows, in one window one viewset consist 3 views , another window one view so my question is suppose if i fire an action in the second window then i want to display the whole 1st window with 3 views..

how can i acheive this one...

please explain in clear manner

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You should open separate threads for question of different scope.

It helps others also to search solution to their problems later.

Best Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is very straightforward.

In the OnAction of your 1st window, you can call the window which has three views within it.

OPENING WINDOWS:

IWDWindowInfo windowinfo = wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("<name of the 2nd window>");
			IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createWindow(windowinfo,true);
			window.setWindowPosition(WDWindowPos.CENTER);
			window.setWindowSize(300,250);

wdContext.currentContextElement().setCtx_va_incmp_window(window);
			window.open();

here, ctx_va_incmp_window is a context of type <i>com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.session.api.IWDWindow</i>

Map this context through the controller, to the second window.

Regards,

Hanoz

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert