cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Workbench Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created a Test Catalog, Test Plan & under these there are two Chained Scripts.

The problem that I am facing is, when I run the Chained Scripts from the Test-Workbench, the tests are picking only the default data & not the data that are contained in the Test Data Containers attached with the Chained Script's Test Configurations.

Curiously, when I run these Chained Scripts from their Test Configurations, they are picking up the right data from their Test Data Containers & are running fine.

Gurus, please help, as all my effort for the last two months to explore eCATT & Implement it in my Organization would be worth nothing, if I am not able to cross this hurdle.

Thanks in Anticipation,

Debojit Dey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dey,

the link between test data and test script is configured in eCATT in the test configurations variants. As you write single test config execution works fine I assume you allready found out how to establish such link.

You can think of the variants of the test configuration as independend records of test input data, each building an own test(szenario).

Thus you can start each variant of test config on their own using eCATT start options selection or presetting in the test configuration or using proper including in Test Plans.

This include of test config in your test plan is what seems to be setup in your case only for the default variant but not for all the others.

You can select which variants to be included in a test configs link to test catalogs and test plan by proper filling the popup on which you selected the test config. This dialog can be found in the maitenance of test catalog (SWB_1) in edit mode. Mark the test config node there and use function "Change node"(F7). Radiobuttons allow selection of variant execution mode here.

Do not forget to regenerate all dependend objects of test workbench thereafter (this includes regeneration of test plan in STWB_2 and testpackages also STWB_2).

Best regards

Jens

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Please allow me to first thank you for your very prompt reply.

The issue has been solved. The mistake I was making was, the pop-up where the Test-Configuration is added to the Test Catalog, you have to choose whether it should be 'All variant incl default'/'All variant excl default'/'Special Variant' etc. The choice -

'All variant excl default' is meant for 'External Variants'.

Though I had created all Internal Variants, I mistakingly was selecting this option, so the System since could not find the External Variants was taking only the Default Data.

Thanks a lot again for your help.

In anticipation of future help,

Warm Regards,

Debojit Dey.