Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE Audit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please give me ur inputs on this scenario:

<b>Scenario:</b> File–XI- ECC - Data from File is converted to various IDocs and posted in SAP. (No BPM used)

<b>Problem:</b> <i>Exception Handling</i> > > We want a message back from SAP system telling us that out of 100 IDocs that were sent, ‘n’ were posted successfully and rest failed along with the error description. How can this be achieved?

<b>Possible Solution 1:</b> Along with the IDocs a proxy is also sent to the SAP from XI. Proxy has a ‘wait’ time and collects following information:

No: of IDocs posted successfully,

No of IDocs Failed and there reason.

And then an email has to be sent using Alert Message to the process head with the above information.

<b>Possible Solution 2:</b> ALE AUDIT is used on the receiver SAP system and the error messages are sent to XI and the messages are collected in another interface in XI and subsequent Alert Management is used to shoot email.

Which solution is better and why?

Regards,

XIer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>Problem: Exception Handling > > We want a message back from SAP system telling us that out of 100 IDocs that were sent, ‘n’ were posted successfully and rest failed along with the error description. How can this be achieved?

For this you need to use BPM coz File can't handle sync calls.

As far as i know,in both the cases you need to use BPM.

Note:ALEAUDIT is mainly used in a IDOC to IDOC scenario or IDOC to File scenario

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are u sur this can't be done without BPM. There's got to be a way

Ashish

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

create one more interface that triggers from R3 if u want without bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ashish,

Configuration Tips for a Business Service/Integration Process to send back ALE audit IDOC

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

Best Regards,

Srikanth

Reward the useful answers and you will get one point yourself

Answers (0)