cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What roles to give to a user to configure a domain & create a track for CMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are currently installing SRM 5.0 which is on Netweaver 7.0. We also added NWDI therefore we did the template installer for it.But we cannot proceed with the template installer at the part of Preparing CMS so at CMS we configured a domain and created a track but we always encounter a problem about the user to use in configuring a domain. Can you help me with what user to use and the roles to give to it? We cannot proceed with creating the track because we don't know the exact rles to give to the user. As example, we encountered an error:

DTR (URL http://MDCSAP05:50000/dtr) server exception: User "SR1ADMINTEST" has no read access privileges for workspace "ws/MNLDCSR1/sap.com_LM-TOOLS/dev/active

Can you help us out so that we can configure our NWDI and proceed with the template installer.

Thanks a lot,

Jennah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anandh,

As I do check all settings, it fails and it says failed to set permission for domains.. They are too many of them. Have you encountered such problems as I did. I am really wondering why I am having such error. What else to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jennah,

In the Visual Administrato under the service u can find SLD Data Supplier Service. Make cim client test from the runtime tab.Also ensure that u gave the correct credentials for connection. Grant CIM Client generation permissions listed over in runtime tab. Check all these settings and let us know f u have any other issues.

regards,

Anandh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is not yet solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the steps below to provide CIM client settings.

Please assign the role LcrAdministrator to the user you want to work with CIM .

Check whether there is a role called LCRAdministrator in your system. If it is not there proceed as below.

Login to http://server:port/useradmin

Create a UME Role LcrAdministrator and assign UME action sap.com_com.sap.lcr.LcrAdministrator to this role.

Create a UME role SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR and assign the role LcrAdministrator to this group.

Assign your user to this group.

You can also assign the role LcrAdministrator directly without creating a group to the user id with which you are trying to import CIM content.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

Can you help me how to setup authorizations in the CIM client settings? What are the exact steps to do?

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jennah,

Its very clear from the Log which u have got.

<i><u>Element 'SAPConfigLib.SR1.Unclassified.pingSld':Error during executing Java Reflection:CIM_ERR_FAILED: User credentials are invalid or user is denied access</u></i>

After creating the necessary user we should also ensure that the CIM Client settings were made. Give the necessary authorizations on CIM clients in Visual Administrator (SLD Data Supplier) . Only then the user can communicate with SLD to update the data.

regards,

Anandha Krishnan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the response. The problem aon creating the track and domain was solved by giving appropriate actions to the user in UME. For the template installer error, the user NWDI_CMSADM is already created as specified by the note you gave me. We are encountering problem running the template installer. We are not able to execute it because it stops at the phase Create Software Component. Please see below the error encountered while running the template installer to which import was not successful:

Element 'SAPConfigLib.SR1.Unclassified.pingSld':!BrokerImport.import_of_element_failed!!BrokerImport.Fehler!com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.exceptions.CPIBaseException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.CPIResourceBundle', ID='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.provider.javaServiceProvider.JavaServiceWriter.writeElement!BrokerImport.LINE!157-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.86

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.128

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.128

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.serviceimpl.importservice.CULConfigurationImport.importConfiguration.96

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.ccl.templateinstaller.StepExecuter.run.41

Element 'SAPConfigLib.SR1.Unclassified.pingSld':Error during executing Java Reflection:CIM_ERR_FAILED: User credentials are invalid or user is denied access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jennah,

U need to update the CMS settings in SLD. U should also create NWDI user refer to the notes Note 877804 - NWDI communication user in central SLD server. U should also create user in SLD. The roles to be assigned to this user is specified with this note.

If u have any other queries let us know

regards,

Anandh