cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is a delivery order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is a delivery order ? how is it created and when is it actually issued. . can somebody give scenarios...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery Order is the term of core team normally used for Delivery. Ideally insome of the legacy, they do not create Sales Order & use the term Delivery Order for Delivery.

InSAP, we mornally map it as Sales order --> Delivery --> Post Goods issue --> Billing.

At times we have to give meaning to the term sprecified by core team / end user & arrive at SAP terminology.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks r. banka. for your timely replies. i have always appreciated that. i dont know who you are but you just do great wonderful job replying to queries of amateur learners willing to enter into sap. thanks for your your timely responses

and ofcourse i did give you points whenever you have answered to my queries.

thanks once again and i am looking forward to your help

n bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

A delivery is a document generated when a sales order is ready to be shipped. It is what you send to your plant/DC so they know what to pick, pack & ship to the customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so its kind of a copy of the sales order , which is sent as it is , or just the required order quantity of the customer sent to the plant to pick and pack. is it?

i was kinda confused thinking delivery order as apart of some delivery document.

Is the delivery order only ment for internal use by the company

thanks

i did award points. but do reply

n. bhardwaj