cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Due List shows third party sales orders that have no SGR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've run into an issue where the billing due list (VF04) shows sales documents that have not gone through statistical goods receipt. In our normal flow we create a sales order, which automatically creates a purchase requisition (PR). We create a purchase order (PO) from the PR and when we generate a shipping notification (ASN) we also do a statistical goods receipt, which kicks off billing.

Normally items show up in the billing due list based on the billing type of the sales order item category. In this case that indicator is B - relevant for order-related billing on the basis of the order quantity. My understanding is that it should not show up in the billing due list until goods receipt, which is not happening for us. We're seeing sales orders based on non-SGR'd PO's in the billing due list.

Also, in sales to billing copy control (vtfa) the billing quantity indicator is E - Goods receipt less invoiced quantity.

Any ideas? Have I provided enough info? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny,

The indicator B for billing type forces SAP to create a billing document for the line item irrespective of its GR status. If you want 3rd party order lines to fall into billing only when the GR is completed, you need to choose the indicator F for billing type. In standard SAP, if F is used, the document will not show up in VF04 untill you post the GR. If you use B, the document will show up in VF04 and will be allowed to bill irrespective of the GR status.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapil,

Thank you very much! However, a setting of 'F' only seems to show line items in the Billing Due List after I create a vendor invoice. We are not using vendor invoices for our process and I want items to show up in the Billing Due List after the GRN. Are you saying that you think items should show up in the Billing Due List after the GRN? I know SAP doco kind hints to that, but I did try a setting of 'F' and it does not work; the items only show up after I create a vendor invoice.

Any other info or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johnny,

We have this same issue.... did you ever come up with a fix for this? If so, I would very much appreciate the solution you came up with.

Thanks