cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing(Deleted?) outbound messages on ftp server but no errors in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I am having a huge issue where some outbound (from us to customer) messages are getting lost or deleted on our ftp server.

The file adapter process seems to work fine (error free). When I check the Message Monitor for errors, for the missing messages (ftp Server), it shows that the process completed successfully and the files have been placed in our ftp OUT folder. When I check SXMB_MONI I find the xml (error free w/racing flag). No errors are found on the server/network. I can’t find any info on the system what so ever to tell me what has happened to these messages. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them before? All this happens in Prod and QA so I know the customer picking up the files has nothing to do with the problem because they never hit Our Q system. I'm sure this has to be XI related because who has ever heard of ftp Servers deleting files?

Thanks for any input you can provide, I really need to get this fixed. If you think of any more info I need to provide, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Eddie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Spinelli,

I would suggest in QA try to repeat the same process. Also put a timestamp in the file and see whether you can send all the files to the FTP server or not.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

just want to make sure,do you have scenario running from the cutomer to your company which may be picking up these files ?

if the files were delivered to FTP server ,then either its being picked up by some other scenario and erased from FTP or there is some shell script runnig on the FTP which is picking up these files and erasing them

please cross check this

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input, I have checked and the file is missing 45 minutes before they do their grab on the server. I watch all the files get added to the the folder (Real Time) and then do a count and I come up one or two short almost every time. Then I check XI and it says 100% of them were created and placed on the server. This is driving me nuts : P

I just processed 127 850's and The out folder has 126 855's - XI says 127 processed normal with no errors.

Thanks Again!

Eddie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

its kinda funny situation:)

anyways,as of now i can think of only two things,first of all the missing files might be either getting appended or getting overwritten.overwritten has more probability.please check that and see.

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the direction Ahmad! I have thought of the overwrite but not sure how to prove this out. I thought the only way to overwrite would be if the missing File has the same name as one in the folder already. I'm going to look further into this because it seems like the most logical direction. I'm still open to suggestions if anyone has input for me 8 )

Thanks Again!

Eddie