cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Agent Synchronization problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we try to be clear with this issue.We are trying to synchronize the clock server MI with the Mobile device clock .

Features server:

Netweaver 2004s (7.0) MI client (7.0) all with SP 11

Windows 2003

SQL 2000

Features client Mobile:

WorkAbout Pro Psion Teklogix

Windows CE 4.2

<b>I try with Creme 3.27, Creme 3.27a, Creme3.7d</b>

NOTE: i know....! SAP does not support this function (time syncro) with Windows CE... but I DO NOT other option that: this must to work ASAP

We set the correct parameters in the mobile: Agents.Properties file

TIME_AGENT#AGENT_HISTORY=TRUE

TIME_AGENT#AGENT_TRIGGER_ON_SYNC_INTERVAL=0

TIME_AGENT#GET_PROPERTIES=

<b>TIME_AGENT#AGENT_REPORT_ON_FIRST_CYCLE=TRUE</b>

TIME_AGENT#AGENT_REPORT_ON_SECOND_CYCLE=FALSE

TIME_AGENT#AGENT_HISTORY_INTERVAL=20

<b>TIME_AGENT#AGENT_MODE=ON</b>

<b>TIME_AGENT#AGENT_TRIGGER_ON_SYNC_COUNT=1</b>

TIME_AGENT#AGENT_TRIGGER_ON_SYNC_INTERVALTYPE=D

<u>Also, the file TRACE.txt give us the following error:</u>

<b>[MI/Services/Os ] TimeAgent cannot set System time on device. error while accessing native library.</b>

Other log is the file: jscp.out (creme log file)

• MOBILE INFRASTRUCTURE 7.0 SUCCESSFULLY LAUNCHED ******** <b>Client Installer Packages status updated.

UnsatisfiedLinkError:setSystemTime</b>

There are any GENIUS to help me?

Thanks a lots

Gaby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I think about it - I have a problem with that in general - perhaps I just do not underatdnd that issue.....

The client syncs its time automatically with a server each time it syncs - if this is setup in the client itself. This setting can be maintained centrally by the SMS server from Microsoft for all mobile devices.

Java has a DATE object and this takes the actual time of the device itself.

Well, if you setup the device once to sync with the TimeServer of the company anyway - where is the issue to trigger it in MI? If you have no access to ActiveSync, it will not work anyway... ?

Hope someone can switch a light on in my head why this causes a problem.....

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you manage to solve this problem? what was the resolution? We are planning also to start a parallel development, on both devices Windows CE 5.0 and Windows Mobile 5.0. How's the general impression of running MI (7.0 I suppose) on the Win CE platform?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

windows CE is supposed to run on embedded devices such as radios, cassier systems,.... The Win Mobile is a subsetr of CE. This subsert is defined by Microsoft to a certain point, while the CE scenario is different from vendor to vendor. Because of that, SAP doe snot support Windows CE devices as such. But because Windows Mobile is only a defined subset of the complete Windows CE packege, it is highly possible that your MI will riun on a Windows CE environment, if it is based on a mobile computer and it is pretty much the complete installation of CE.

So if you want to develop on both systems, please test your app carefully on the CE devices.

Access of system functions is not a problem as you have full JNDI support in Creme.

Hope this hells.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaby

Most of the dlls made use by MI are tested and released only on Window Mobile platform be it PPC 2003 or WM 5.0. One of the main reasons why we do not suppot WinCE based devices is that each hardware vendor can have their specific architectural changes on the platform where as in non WinCE devices, the architecture remains the same. The error you are experiencing now may be due to the fact that the native C++ calls are not recognized on your device or the loading of the dll files on your device fails and thats the reason you get error mentioned in the trace. Hence Time Agent may never work on your device.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva, thanks for your answer but... please don´t say me that!

we must be able to do something, any point to start? any DLL to check or development to do?

Please developer´s community help us

Gaby