cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI object - FATAL ERROR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Receiving xMII Workbench errors due to possible BAPI coding discrepancies in BAPI object CSEP_MAT_BOM_READ.

Am getting a FATAL ERROR RADIO BUTTON in xMII work bench with Jco connector to R3 systems.

However the same BAPI Object CSEP_MAT_BOM_READ passes properly in the xMII Workbench with JCo connector to system S10 client 53.

In xMII workbench wheni run the transcation am getting

[INFO ]: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Rowsets DateCreated="2007-06-19T10:15:44" EndDate="2007-06-19T10:15:44" StartDate="2007-06-19T10:15:44" Version="12.0.0 Build(58)"><FatalError>JCOProxy error: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified. </FatalError></Rowsets>

Can any one tell me why am getting this fatal error. Am new to xMII and this issue is very urgent. I did open a CSS before and waiting for the response..

Thanks

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subbu,

You should really update to 12.0.1 Build 75 from service marketplace since there have been quite a few updates make since the version indicated below. Also make sure you've deployed the OS appropriate JCO libraries.

Best Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy

We are on Version 12 build 75.

In xMII workbench, when I click on Actions and then ERP system interface, SAP JCo interface, I right click and configure for a particular R/3 with CSEP (mentioned above) RFC name and search pattern after configuring for this r/3 I quit and come back to click on Links, here under requests or links I dont get any fatal error.

But for the same CSEP ** when I do for another R/3 system and click on links and under requests and reponse I get a Fatal error listed.

and when I place the cursor over the request I get the following message.

fatal error , jco proxy error, Inavlid_character _error. An invalid or illegal XML character is specified.,</Fatal error>

Any help appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry It was not R/3 it ECC 6.0 system. I checked the other forum on the same error, but am unable to figure out where I should give that <Remove XML> ???

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The needs for using the <<RemoveXML>> technique with BAPI requests was addressed in the 12.0 update that you have.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread may help: