Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of APO DP questions

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I had some basic navigation questions on APO DP 4.1:

1. Is there a way to switch off forecasting to run on clicking the "Univariate Forecast" Button on the left of the Header button on left hand corner of DP planning book? The reason is that the planner would want to use the distribution function button on the interactive planning to mass-adjust the forecast, which apparently is not available in Forecasting screen of APO DP. (or is it?)

2. In APO DP, planners would want to see the trend-line and Outlier range (2 sigma) around the history. My guess is to use Macros, however if there is an easier solution around please let me know.

3. They would want to be able to graphically influence the forecast by adjusting averages of the forecast. (apparently they are used to Manugistics functionalities that help them do that) My guess was to use Macros that run on default triggers. However this might mean some more key figure rows.

Please let me know in case you have answers to any of the above.

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

1) I don't see any relation between using mass distribution function and running forecast. I think you just have to get more acquaintance with the features of interactive planning.

2. Not sure. DP does the outliers correction in the background automatically.

3. Do you mean the planners should be able to see the forecast and the history in graphs and interactively if they change the history graphs, the forecast should change? You cannot exactly do this but you can have the interactive table and graphs displayed simultaneously in the same screen and changes done in the table are reflected in the graph immediately.

Please let me know if I am not in the same page as you are....please give more explanation of your question for our better understanding and reply.

Thanks.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On the first question, the requirement is to be able to run mass graphical adjustments (something like distribution function on interactive planning screen) on the Forecasting view. The reason is that one would want to play around with different models and do some mass adjustments (like bringing up the average or bringing down the trend line) right in the forecasting view. I see that the distribution function is greyed out in the forecasting view. I have worked on i2 and have seen little of manugistics - these products offer mass adjustment capabilities along with forecast model changes in the same screen.

This leads to the third question, where planners would want to just move the average or trend of forecats up/down and see the changes on the whole forecast pattern. It is again a mass adjsutment capability in many DP products, however could not find something equivalent in APO DP.

Let me know if you need further info.

Answers (0)