cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data needed for APO to work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client is planning to go for APO. The problem here is that the ECC master data is a big mess and very decentralized. Now we need to find out what kind of master data cleansing do we need for the APO system to work.

I am trying to figure out the master data in ECC to make sure DP and SNP works and integrates with ECC.

For DP, I understand CVCs are all the master data and all we need is a good history.

Is there anything else that needs to be setup in ECC? what about product and location?

For SNP, I think there is a big list of master data: Product, Location(Vendor, customer), BOMs.

Can some body tell me if I am missing anything in DP particularly?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I think that for DP you need to be set up in ECC products, locations, hierarchies of both, and other characteristics that you could use like customers, BOM's, if you are planning to use Forecasting with Bills of Material, perhaps you could need characteristics and classes in ECC if you wan to use Characteristics-Based Forecasting.

So, i think that the use of master data from ECC depends on what you want to use in your scenario.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marin,

DP doesn't use any hierarchies. Does it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No as a hierarchie, but you can need this information for some characteristics.

Answers (0)