cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Career Path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for contributing to this wonderful community. This community is like a XI Expert tutor and its truly awesome.

I have been working on XI for over a month and a half. I am working on XI as a part of my internship and I would be going back to school after its completion.I do not have any background in ABAP. I have some JAVA experience. I am now comfortable with designing and configuring web services using SAP XI Sandbox based on technical specs. I am also comfortable with debugging XI messages using SXMB_MONI , copying payload and testing it. I am also good at generating scripts using Load runner to test web services.

I would like to continue to work and grow in this field. I wanted to know what should I continue learning and working on to add on to my experience and pursue a full time career in this field after my graduation.

Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sak

follow these blogs it is use full to u.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

regards,

Santosh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i would suggest you to get some know how of R/3 concepts like IDOC,RFC,BAPI's etc,

as you already have Java knowledge ,probably you will be comfortable with SAX and DOM parsers,if not you may gather some knowledge on that.

see there are tons of different interfaces which can be integrated using XI and its not possible for everybody to work on all of them but having the basic knowledge about the XI cencepts always helps you crack the problem ,so keep on learning XI and you should be an expert by the time you graduate:)

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sak,

You can try few IDoc, RFC and JDBC scenarios. Search on SDN for some weblogs on them.

Regards,

---Satish