cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Connection

0 Kudos

Mr Heil Bernd(SAP) has coutersly installed the MDM SP5 5.5.41.70 but when I try a simple example :

report ZFDOMDMTEST3.

DATA log_object_name TYPE mdm_log_object_name.

DATA language TYPE mdm_cdt_language_code.

log_object_name = 'MYQASMDM'.

language-language = 'eng'.

language-country = 'US'. language-region = 'USA'.

CALL FUNCTION 'MDM_ACCESSOR_CONNECT'

EXPORTING

is_repository_language = language

iv_log_object_name = log_object_name

EXCEPTIONS

ex_api_usage_error = 1

OTHERS = 6.

I've always a lv_rc in the provider class: -2174565.. so <> 0.

My class provider is: MDM5.5 SP05 Patch 0, Server Build 5.5.40.79 - 5.5.40.xx

As I know there's no upper version of MDM ABAP API.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Francesco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

First, thanks for your quick answers.

I looking for this patch but I didn't find on the SAP market place. Did you have the url path.

And to answer to Thomas. Yes, it's a new installation and only, SRM is connected until now to MDM.

Thanks again,

BRs Francesco

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

goto <a href="http://service.sap.com/swdc">Software Distribution Center</a>. Choose:

Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry By Application Group -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP MDM -> SAP MDM 5.5 -> ABAP API -> MDM TECHNOLOGY 5.5.5 *** (replace the *** with your SAP Basis version).

BR Michael

0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

We will install it anyway thanks for your quick answer and we can close this thread.

BRs Francesco

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Actually MDM 5.5 SP5 Patch 1 of the MDM ABAP API is available for download from the service marketplace. I haven't installed it yet, but this may well be the provider class that you need to support 5.5.41.*

If not then I have a few questions: Is this a new installation (that you never had the APIs running on before) or just upgraded to this level. If it is new, are you sure the allow.ip configuration file on the MDM server has been maintained for this ABAP server? That is generally the most common cause of connection problems at first.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ABAP APIs for SP5 Patch 1 (this is build version 5.5.41.*) are available and working fine. You should apply them to your system and then retest.

BR Michael