cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLAR01: Problem when entering the same T-Code twice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am encountering a problem with Solution Manager 4.0, transaction SOLAR01.

When entering the same transaction code twice (in the Transactions tab) for a particular Business Process, I get the following error message:

"The specified key already exists"

Therefore, unless I flag the object for deletion (by selecting the row and choosing the "Delete Row" option), I am not able to proceed further.

Has anybody else encountered this problem and is there a proper workaround?

Thank you,

Orestis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jason. What you say makes perfect sense. I will be sharing this with the rest of the team.

Regards,

Orestis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orestis,

Can you explain why you need to have the same transaction twice?

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your post.

The reason for entering the same transaction twice is to test the sequence of the business process.

So, for a specific system integration scenario, I may need to create a customer in one transaction and return to that same transaction later to modify the customer (this is just an example). As one transaction may be used for different tasks at different points in time, I would like to reflect that sequence in the Solution Manager.

Kindly advise if you believe this is not the correct approach or if Solution Manager does not support this kind of "sequencing".

Thanks for your support!

Orestis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orestis,

Usually the process steps of a process only have 1 or 2 transactions. For instance, I would think Create Customer would be a process step that has one transaction. Update Customer would be its own process step. The transaction level doesn't even allow for the naming of these steps, so entering them in a sequence at this level would be confusing.

Maybe your process steps are too high level and need to be broken up more. Look at them and see if you can show the sequence better at the process step level.

regards,

Jason