cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording SAPGUI and Windows file dialogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anybody been successful in recording some Windows dialogs that can popup in the flow of a particular SAPGUI scenario, as uploading a local file into SAP or downloading data to the PC. There is a windows file selection dialog which is used to select a file and I just can't record what happens inside. Playing back the recorded scenario makes it block.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response. I've tried to setup the support package, as suggested by the tech notes, and it just works on a 4.6 or on a 4.7, where the SAP_BASIS package is 6.20. What about if SAP_BASIS is 700 ?

Thanks in advance

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

there are some tools that can automate both SAP GUI and native Windows dialogs, like Winbatch or AutoIT. You might be able to run your scenario using one of these tools.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Christian. I'll have a look at these as soon as I can, but I believe that was not the primary request. I think that the solution described in the tech-note 686674 is perfect, but unfortunately, the solution consist in installing a new support package. It consist in SAP_BASIS, release 60, from release 620 to 620. I'm not sure what can happen if the current release of the SAP_BASIS component is 700 - the note is a bit unclear on this. That is my primary question now...

Thanks in advance

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

regarding your question when SAP_BASIS is 700, the dynpro dialog introduced with the SP for older releases is part of SAP_BASIS 700 from the beginning.

Best regegards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf-Martin,

I'm sorry to insist, but is it really impossible to have someone using an SAP Instance claiming in System/Status that SAP_BASIS is in version 700 and having the "Export File to PC" directly calling the windows dialog ?

Thanks in advance

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunately this is what <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/686674">note 686674</a> says.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin