hi this is raghu

can u tell me what are the pre requisites of client copy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Basically two types of client copy Local and Remote client copy. In local client copy you need to check the database size and client size first before performing a client copy and schedule is in background and perform a test run before a copy and same thing in Remote but a RFC connection should be there in Remote client copy.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Client copies are of two types:

1) Local client copy -

If you are copying client within the same sap system.

2) Remote client copy --- If you are copying client to different host.For this you will need to maintain RFC connection as mentioned in above reply.But you need to keep in mind normally RFC method is very time consuming(it will depends on your network speed) so i recomend if you are copying large client than use client import/export method for remote client copy.

Note: 1)Shedule client copy after the production hours.

2) check all tablespace should have space.no one should be more than 90% as a thumb rule.

3)Background process should be free if not increase time being by creating one opertaion mode i.e client_copy operation mode & switch to this mode just for client copy.

4)you may need to release all the open transports before copying client if you are using sap_all profile for that.

If you have any other question plz let me know,i can more explain you in details.

Thanks,

Ankur Sharma