cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call Web Dynpro Application instead of timeout error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a Web Dynpro Application with some different components. After a while a timeout occures. Then comes an error message out of the class cl_wdr_ucf and their method Handle_Request. ( Message 060(14) ). I want to replace the call of this error message. Another Web Dynpro Component should be called so that it looks more comfortable for the user and not cryptic

I tried to use a Function Module that opens a browser window and an URL. So I tried to open with this Fuction Module the URL of the new Web Dynpro Application. But it didn't work. In a normal test program I can use it and the browser opens a window with the url. But with an implementation inside the method Handle_Request it didn't work. Do you have another solution for this problem? How can I call the application, when I can't do over the URL?

Thanks a lot!

Ingmar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried creating your own error page via SICF? See <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/5e/05a5421935c511e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">this documentation</a>

Regards, Heidi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Suggested SICF is the correct place to manage error pages etc.

Standard JAVA script / HTML is also possible there.

This JAVA script / HTML can launch another WDA or BSP as requried or just out a

user friend message.

CALL FUNCTION "CALL_Browser"

is suitable only for SAPGUI transactions.

It uses a GUI call back technique to launch the URL.

regards

Phil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Function Module "Call_Browser" ist the one I used before. But of course it can be that I made somethong wrong. Are you able to give the exact description and code, how to implement the Call_Browser Function in the Method Handle_Request, so that it works and replaces the message 060?