cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budgeting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Can anyone explain me about in project and to project in budget supplementary.Explain with one example and tell me i have to any confi for tat

Thanks&Regards

P.Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget supplement in project:-additional budget added to original budget of a WBSE for single project

Budget supplement to project:- additional budget will be added to multiple WBSE at a time for multiple projects.

In simpler way, supplement in project; Budget will be updated for only one project, whereas budget supplement to project, budget will be updated for multiple projects at a time.

There is no major configuration as this is standard feature.

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh

Thanks for your reply and my another doubt is suppose i allcoted a budget, for example my planned cost is 1000/- and my budget is 800/-.So when i am exceeding my budget i want warning message like your exceeding the budget value.so,for this any config i want to do.Kindly help me regarding this issue

Thanks&Regards

P.Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally budget is equal to or greater than planned cost as it forms the basis of budget. There is no customization to compare budget with planned cost.

In order to check your actuals costs against budget you need to:

1. Activate availabilty control in budget profile

2. Define tolerance limits for budget profile: here you specify how much % of budget can be utilised? Whether you want error or warning when budget is exceeded? Budget check will occur at which levels, PO, PR etc?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

For Budget control, you have to maintain tolerance limit of Budget. In tolerance limit you can define when you want to restrict budget. There are various actions in tolerance intolerance limit such as Warning, Warning with MAIL to person responsible & Error message. Based on the requirement you can set Budget limit. Budget Profile need to be assigned in tolerance limit. The path is SPRO-->Costs->Budget--->Define Tolerance limit.

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan