cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using Ajax within the MobileEngine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on a peace of software that reads the database and creates a number of files. This will take some time so I have to show the status on the screen. I am using Ajax to make this happen. No problem so far. It is all working in IE6. However when I am running the same program using the MobileEngine than it doesn't work.

In the jsp i am using:

document.getElementById("statusVeld").innerHTML = document.getElementById("statusVeld").innerHTML + status[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue + "<BR>";

This should update the div with the name "statusVeld". If I put an "alert()" before this line then I can see that it is being reached. But it doesn't show so on the webform within the MobileEngine. Eventually it is shown when the whole process is finished. But using Ajax that's not what I want.

We are using Mobile Engine 7.0 . I tried it on SP11 and SP12. On both I have the same problem.

Does anybody have any idea what I can change on the MobileEngine so that this working correctly?

With Regards,

Michel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

There are functions of javascript on IE or Windows Desktop that don't work on Windows Mobile 2003, 5.0.

A example is your document.getElementById("statusVeld") . It doesn't work on IE for Windows Mobile 2003 or 5.0, but on Windows Desktop works. You can use document.all("statusVeld") or, if it's a div, just statusVeld.innerHTML

Remember, the problem isn't with MI Client or AJAX, but with the version of IE.

Regards,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

Thanxs for the reply.

We are running the Mobile Engine on a laptop computer and not on a pda. As far as I know we are using the installed IE version. In this case 6.0. Correct me if I am wrong.

Besides that I did try your solutions but those didn't work. It's not that function document.getElementById("statusVeld") doesn't work. It is not working at the correct moment. The div gets updated during the process but it doesn't show on the screen. Ones the process is finished it will show the changes.

Regards,

Michel

Message was edited by:

M. Leijenaar