cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import existing war-File in EAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, i developed a java application in eclipse running with the tomcat-server. Now i would like to import this existing war-file in a web project in SAP Developer Studio and then build an EAR-File from it.

Is this possible and how? Thanks for answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Stefan, as to the war:

- create a J2ee Web module project in NW and reuse the content of your war as follow

- copy wars /WEB-INF/* to projects /WEB-INF

- copy wars /* to projects /webContent

Tom, as to the ear

- create a J2ee App project in NW and reuse the content of your ear as follow

- copy ears /META-INF/application.xml to projects /META-INF

- copy ears /*.jar to projects /

Ps. The procedure might no be complete .. just to get you started .. I’m sure, you will figured it out!

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gregor,

What jars are you referring to.

I am just wondering that if a create a new Enterprise Application project and just copy the application.xml from my existing .eAR file.Will that work.What baout the WAR files.What do i have to do with that.I also want to debug my code.I was wondering if i could just import m existing EAR file in NWDS , what's the process.

I am afraid that it's gona work if i just copy the application.xml file.

Please advise,

Regards,

Anurag

former_member184385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tom,

for the war files, please

- apply the prescribed procedure (create module projects)

- then, the module projects can be added to the ear project

Plase Note: The dependency mechanism in eclipse 2.11 is not perfect, read: library dependencies added to the war projects have to be readded to the containing ear project.

Regards

Gregor

former_member184385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tom,

another couple of comments, to clarify

- afaik, there is no automatic import for an ear, like provide the NWDS an ear and get the resulting ear and war projects in NWDS

- therefore my suggestions, to create a project structure, consisting of an ear project and one or more war module projects, which resemble the inner structure of the initial ear

- the fruits of creating the project structure in NWDS will be reaped at deployment time, as an ear, with its dependent war projects can be deploy in one step to NW

Regards

Gregor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have a critical problem,

I am setting up Netweaver Developer Studio and i have a exiting .EAR file which i need to import in Developer Studio.This EAR file was not built using developer studio.

Can you please let me know if have any knowldege about that.

I will really appreicate it.

Thanks Tom